z

Young Writers Society

PotLuck

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:28 pm
View Likes
Zolen says...

Good job Mea! You say out loud, confused at what you are saying.

You shrug it off and then look at your hard work lockpicking.

It seems like your amazing lockpicking skills have not only opened the small door, but helpfully undid all the wiring for you. Good job you!

Figuring it would be best to get it out of the way you quickly go over to fiddle with the de-powered death box.

Door opened, you are really doing amazing at this whole adventuring thing now.

Walking into a very different looking hallway from the room you were just in you find yourself at a crossroad in this hallway. Will you go up or forward? You ask yourself in a very confusing case of second person.

Spoiler! :
Pinging people who might want to be pinged: @Lightsong @TheBlueCat @saentiel @Mea @PrincessInk @EternalRain

If you want to be added to the ping list, or taken off of it, send me a PM.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:31 pm
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

Go up
Unofficial Blue Cat of YWS =^-^=
she/her please <3

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:41 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

Go forward.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:31 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Go up, to avoid falling into that big hole.
always daydreaming, always clumsy

508 Reviews

Reviews: 508
Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:49 pm
View Likes
Que says...

Go up!
Parlez-vous français?

110 Reviews

Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:34 pm
View Likes
Zolen says...

Go up!

Go up

Go up, to avoid falling into that big hole.

You find yourself strongly compelled to go up, almost like there are many voices shouting the same thing.

Also one that is telling you to avoid a big hole, as there isn't one, you just treat that as a reminder in general...since you did jump down a hole before.

Heading up you find yourself in a pitch black room, your eyes only able to vaguely make out that the room is oddly round, almost like a arena.

Hm, something seems to be glowing in the distance...

While contenplating the inky black of the room your phone rings. Oh its the wandering eye again.

:Hey

:Remember how I said you'd hear from me again when you made it to the next area?

: Well now you can't call me a liar.

: See, I would have said something sooner, but I was waiting for you to get here. You're welcome.

Suddently the eye disapears, and a new line of text appears.

New Quest found: Defeat the son of Ægir.
Reward: Tridant of the Ægir, 500 dollars, unlock store.

As awesome as those things sound you don't think you're quite ready to fight the son of a god. But before you get the chance to decide, you hear the door behind you slam closed and the lights click on, as if it was politely waiting for you to read the text.

Oh...oh dear.

Spoiler! :
Reminder, I never let you step into impossible to win situations.

Spoiler! :
Pinging people who might want to be pinged: @Lightsong @TheBlueCat @saentiel @Mea @PrincessInk @EternalRain

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:12 pm
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

Quickly look through your inventory to see if you have anything useful.
Unofficial Blue Cat of YWS =^-^=
she/her please <3

508 Reviews

Reviews: 508
Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:17 pm
View Likes
Que says...

First of all: Oh dear is right, yikes.

I think there’s a bow and arrows? I would say use those (if possible) and generally try to keep away from that thing until we know a bit more.
Parlez-vous français?

1085 Reviews

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:48 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

When you shoot him, aim for the chest and the head. Stay light on your feet so you can dodge if he charges. And if you run out of arrows, try to leap on his back where he can't get you and bang on his head with the metal rod.

-EternalRain

-bluewaterlily

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:16 am
View Likes
EternalRain says...

Judging by his appearance, he's very bulky and probably not too agile - use that as an advantage when dodging and attacking. Definitely use bow and arrows.
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

110 Reviews

Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:30 pm
View Likes
Zolen says...

Oh dear is right, yikes.

That eye thing expects you to fight that?!

Oh gods its like a freaking giant! It's like the god of death and destruction decided to take a vacation from reaping heros, and decided to pk all the noobs with all the best death gear!

How the heck are you expected to kill that!

Quickly look through your inventory to see if you have anything useful.

There's nothing in there! All you have is a bunch of hobo crap! You're not some hero, you're not some ninja warrior who decided to live on nothing! You're not even some down on your luck teen with a heart of gold. You're just some loser who couldn't find a job, and has been forced to live off scraps because all the more experinced homeless people hog all the places that donate food!

You can't even hobo properly!

I think there’s a bow and arrows? I would say use those (if possible) and generally try to keep away from that thing until we know a bit more.

But-

Judging by his appearance, he's very bulky and probably not too agile - use that as an advantage when dodging and attacking. Definitely use bow and arrows.

See-

When you shoot him, aim for the chest and the head. Stay light on your feet so you can dodge if he charges. And if you run out of arrows, try to leap on his back where he can't get you and bang on his head with the metal rod.

You suddently calm down, thats right, you can't freak out. Even while you were suffering a meltdown a part of you was still planning how to survive.

Just think about how amazing you might be if you are actually focusing!

Screw that eye, screw this son of Ægir. You can do this!

Yeaaahhhhhhh-

The Past, but not too far back:

Y-y-y....She is currently staring at her phone.

It's been a few minutes since she talked to Clyde, and if not for the subtext 'alive' under his name, she'd assume he's dead. That dudes going to have a really hard time sticking in the alive club.

Of course she plans to help him, the other members of the club are all jerks, and frankly she could stand to do something to keep entertained, what with being stuck in a area with no ways out and endlessly spawning goblins.

But the dude seems to be busy at the moment. 'Oh well' she mutters to herself. 'Maybe I can see if there are any hints I missed..' She sighs after muttering that, no matter how much she looked, for a whole month in fact, there was nothing else to find. She even torched all the furnature and knocked down the walls at one point.

Still nothing.

"Oh?" She suddently says, looking up. She then promptly lifts herself up and waves into the nothingness.

"Hey there new voices. What's up?" She says, "I know you guys can hear me."

Spoiler! :

Last edited by Zolen on Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

1085 Reviews

Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:18 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

"...Hi! We're suggesting stuff for Clyde to do so he doesn't get destroyed by the son of Ægir. He's about to charge in with a bow and four arrows. All very dramatic. Any tips for him? Also, what are those little gremlins everywhere?"

-EternalRain

-bluewaterlily

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:49 am
View Likes
EternalRain says...

“What advice do you have for Clyde for defeating a huge monster? Any knowledge about Ægir or tips about attacking him?”
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

110 Reviews

Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:02 pm
View Likes
Zolen says...

"...Hi! We're suggesting stuff for Clyde to do so he doesn't get destroyed by the son of Ægir. He's about to charge in with a bow and four arrows. All very dramatic. Any tips for him?"

“What advice do you have for Clyde for defeating a huge monster? Any knowledge about Ægir or tips about attacking him?”

"Oh you're Clydes guides? Yeesh you guys must have it hard." She laughed, shrugging. "I was just talking to him in his tutorial room, there's no way he could have run into a on of Ægir, those only appear in underwater rooms on the twentieth floor."

"Oh wait! I know, you guys are from the far off future, I must have been such an amazing guide that he got all the way up there! I must be like a 28th dan master sage. Though he must be struggling on weaponry if hes resorting to a bow. Those dudes are basically invencible in the water if you don't have anything to heat it up, if he can't afford the proper weapons. Just try to trick it onto dry land. A shot to the eye is all it would take then, just need some explosive arrows. Or if he is even poorer then that. I always noticed they are pretty weak around the neck, and those claw arms can't reach behind themselves. It should be easy if I taught him enough about fighting, but otherwise sons of Ægir are pretty fast. You'd want to distract it somehow if you're not sure about future Clydes speed."

"Also, what are those little gremlins everywhere?"

"Gremlins?" she says, confused. "These are goblins, the most common monster in this place, they spawn all over the place after the tutorial if you wait around too long. I think they are like, the cleanup crew for dead club members."

She promptly-

-kicks one of them in the face. "They're pretty weak so they are mostly just annoying." As she resettles herself she looks over the the small robot saying, "Sorry for the kill steal lil'5, just wanted to look cool for the visitors."

She then looks back into the void smiling, "Anyway, if you're here that means I might be getting out of this place finally. Guides like you, always show up in hopeless situations like mine. Where there is no way I could move forward without help, but probably won't die any time soon. I was afraid I would never have any visitors. Can you guys help me figure out this place? All I have for a hint is the wandering eye's lazy poetry." She pulls out a piece of paper, flipping it around for you to see.

"An ocean Voyage

As waves break over the night

the dark welcomes you."

(hint: this is the only floor/area where it was possible for her to break the walls.)

Spoiler! :

Last edited by Zolen on Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:23 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Try pouring water on the walls, if there is any?
always daydreaming, always clumsy

I don’t really say anything quotable. Or anything at all on most days. I just quietly listen.
— KateHardy