Young Writers Society

PotLuck

508 Reviews

Reviews: 508
Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:05 am
View Likes
Que says...

Spoiler! :
I hope you don't mind that I'm popping in here!

Definitely investigate the couch! And try not to move too far from where you are now for safety's sake...
Parlez-vous français?

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:22 am
View Likes
Zolen says...

Spoiler! :
@Querencia Of course, anyone who wants to is welcome to comment, please feel free to join in. I'd like as many comments as possible to work from.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:23 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Search the room for something rubber!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

110 Reviews

Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:57 pm
View Likes
Zolen says...

Look under the couch cushions and under the couch.

Definitely investigate the couch! And try not to move too far from where you are now for safety's sake...

Good idea, as a experinced hobo you know that everyone hides the good stuff in couchs.

YOU FOUND 1.25 IN CHANGE! You are now about as rich as the last time you dug through someones couch. Except that one time you found 250, but that came with a wallet.

As you were basking in the glory of your wealth, the money is suddently sucked into your new smart phone. You quickly pull it out and see 1.25 on your phone.

Is this is how online banking works? How do you get the money out later? Do you need one of those cards teens like to abuse?

Either way you create a new mental inventory to account for your new wealth since the phone dosen't seem to have one. You also add wood paneling, because you are reasonably sure rich people put wood panels on things.

Tap the red square on the wall with your hammer.

It appears to just be a poster.

Looks nice, but you're pretty sure it's not dangerous, unless there is a hidden button behind it, so you're going to avoid touching it with a hammer for now.

Look inside the pink pot. Also, see if you can look in the cabinet on the left without getting too close to the death box.

Yeah, looting time!

As long as it has nothing to do with that pot. The other shelves look fine though.

You found a metal bar, and rubber gloves. you quckly stow them away before the metal bar attracts electricity.

Spoiler! :
Pinging people who might want to be pinged: @Lightsong @TheBlueCat @saentiel @Mea @PrincessInk @EternalRain

If you want to be added to the ping list, or taken off of it, send me a PM.
Last edited by Zolen on Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:08 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

Hm... see if you can use the metal rod and the rubber gloves to ground the electricity coming out of the death box. Preferably without getting yourself killed.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:01 am
View Likes
EternalRain says...

Check under the red mat (the red circular thing) on the ground next to the cabinet.
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

508 Reviews

Reviews: 508
Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:26 am
View Likes
Que says...

Check out the zigzag -- is that a slot or just a design? Also maybe safely see if those wooden barriers are movable, since they seem to contain the electricity.
Parlez-vous français?

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:48 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Throw the metal bar onto the death box if possible.
always daydreaming, always clumsy

110 Reviews

Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:09 pm
View Likes
Zolen says...

Check under the red mat (the red circular thing) on the ground next to the cabinet.

Check out the zigzag -- is that a slot or just a design? Also maybe safely see if those wooden barriers are movable, since they seem to contain the electricity.

You're more then 90% sure that is just a metal door, one that you are 30% sure seems to be connected to the box that is shooting out electricity.

Beyond that, good idea, congratulating yourself, pushing the dresser out a bit. Also using it to grab the rug would be a good test to see if these work as a barrier without burning yourself since that flipped on its side wooden l-desk seems to be blocking the electricity.

Carefully you push the dresser out more, crawling along until the electricity starts to connect.

Luckily its just barely enough so you gengerly start to reach out for it.

Just as you grab hold, you start to panick, and fling the rug acorss the room, pushing yourself against the other wall. As you start to catch you're breath you realize you were more or less fine, and look over at it. The pattern on the rug seems to have changed. Huh. Maybe it's used for something in here, but you're not sure what you want to try it on and its too big for your bookbag.

Look inside the pink pot. Also, see if you can look in the cabinet on the left without getting too close to the death box.

Thinking about your last idea to get to that pink pot, you shuffle the dresser over to the other side of the room, not quite close enough you decide to slip on the rubber glove and use the metal rod to knock it over so you can look inside.

It WORKS, melting the glove and heating up the metal so much that you are forced to let it go, you just barely knock over the pot. As a reward for your efforts, you get a lockpick out of it. You notice that the elecricity stops jumping as far when you knock over the pot. Possibly taking the piece of metal out of its range, but just to be safe you grab the lockpick with your gloved hand.

After the metal rod cooled down you pocket the damaged rubber glove, lockpick, and metal rod. Completely filling up your inventory.

Spoiler! :
Pinging people who might want to be pinged: @Lightsong @TheBlueCat @saentiel @Mea @PrincessInk @EternalRain

If you want to be added to the ping list, or taken off of it, send me a PM.

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:46 am
View Likes
Lightsong says...

I've no idea what's going on here. Been busy recently. ^^' Check the drawing (?) behind him? The red one. If that turns out unnecessary, contact friend, update her and tell her what to do next.
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

110 Reviews

Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:52 am
Zolen says...

Hints: Look at things such as how the rug seems to be changing based on what it is against, other hint, hiding things behind posters is the oldest trick in the book, final hint, the lockpick is probably for something hidden.
Last edited by Zolen on Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:58 am
View Likes
EternalRain says...

Move the rug around on different items to see how it changes? Place it on the metal door, maybe throw it into the electricity? xD Also, check under the little table that the pot was on.
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

1085 Reviews

Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:52 am
View Likes
Mea says...

Look behind the poster. Drag the rug over to desk on its side and drape the rug over it.

-EternalRain

-bluewaterlily

110 Reviews

Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:46 pm
View Likes
Zolen says...

Move the rug around on different items to see how it changes?

You drag it all over the safer areas, and mostly it just seems to be outlining the parts of things, which is cool, but not what you need at the moment. Then while rubbing a part of a wall by the poster you find...

Hm, feels like you should remember this for later.

Drag the rug over to desk on its side and drape the rug over it.

Beyond that you rub the rug against the poster, and discover a lock, tumblers clear and everything making the process of lock picking easy. This is the perfect tool to keep around.

maybe throw it into the electricity?[

So you decide to see what happens when you throw the rug at the electricity.

It turns out that rugs are not electric proof, even if they are magic.

Look behind the poster.

Oh well, time to rip up a poster.

You find yourself in shock and aw at this well hidden lock. Not really, you saw it when you rubbed the rug against it a little bit ago. But now you get to shock that puzzle maker by solving this easy lock in a few seconds.

Luckily you have a lockpick now, and as a hobo have already become a master of breaking and enterting...

As properly illstrated by this realistic depiction of lockpicking.

(solve it to progress)

1085 Reviews

Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:58 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

potluckmazesolved.png

-EternalRain

-bluewaterlily

Spend your days thinking about things that are good and true and beautiful and noble, and you will become good and true and beautiful and noble.
— Matthew Kelly