z

Young Writers Society

Rap, Rock n' roll, pop, classical

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:31 pm
Alice says...

For me at least I'm rock n' roll all the way. Its just how it goes in my family, if its not rock it's only worth listening to for making fun of pourposes. We can't stand most country (Mr. Mom is funny enough to work for us) but other than the few we don't listen to it. Rap is grounding worth, and pop is just... well the only pop we ever listened to was Nsync for three days before we used the cd for target practice. :D . So I was just wondering what's everybodys favorite type of music?
I just lost the game.

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:58 pm
Leja says...

I must say, I'll listen to pretty much whatever's on the radio. Unless the singer really bothers me. Or the song's a rap song about promiscuity and drugs. Or the song's just plain stupid.

Hmm, let me revise that first statement... techno's good at times, country is only good if it's more than thirty years old, the classics are classics for a reason, folk is good regardless, rock/punk/indie are usually safe bets, and I automatically like anything that's in another language (el canto del loco). I've even been more tolerant of pop lately.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:10 pm
Teague says...

If it's good, I'll listen to it.

The occasional hip-hop song, the occasional country tune, mostly alternative and 70's/80's punk.
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:19 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

I'm a rock kinda guy. A tiny tiny bit of hip-hop and techno here and there, however.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:22 pm
View Likes
sanguine_dreams says...

Homo-hop. The only music that seems to have anything worthwhile to say anymore. Otherwise, classical is fine, because it's instrumental, and Latin music (or even occasionally French, Japanese, or something else entirely) works, because I don't have to know how contrived and pointless those lyrics are.
"My form is a filthy type of yours." -the Creature, Frankenstein

That, sir, is the most frightening battlefield in the world: the blank page.
— Larry McMurtry, Comanche Moon