Its so-so
15%

Total votes : 33

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:39 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Can someone please tell me what the Redwall series is about? Karma, what happened to your typing? Could you edit your post please?
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:43 pm
smaur says...

Griffinkeeper wrote:Can someone please tell me what the Redwall series is about?

Redwall is about a bunch of cute little animals who live in a monastary and like to eat lots of food and occasionally defend themselves from evil invaders. It's written by Brian Jacques and while it's fun the first time, maybe even the second time, the books tend to get extraordinarily repetitive. Dune is much more worth the time to read.
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

522 Reviews

Reviews: 522
Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:38 am
canislupis says...

I don't really like them. They seem to have bunched all the animals into generic groups of good an evil, and it NEVER changes. Redwallers are perfect, and ferrets, stoats, and all others are evil.

The other thing that bothered me was the predictability. I can always guess who is going to die, (it always has to be one of the main charrys).

The last thing is that if you look at the books, every single one of them is exactly the same plotwise. And there are like twenty of them!!

Soo, I guess not my favorite books. I liked them for a while, but not anymore.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:32 am
Stockmar says...

I bought/read every single one of these books when I was in middle school. My copy of Redwall is falling apart lol. I gave the chant that they sing in "salamandastrom" a tune, and I sometimes catch myself humming it. I'm not a nerd....

If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing.
— W. Edwards Deming