15%
Its so-so
15%

Total votes : 33

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:20 pm
Dreami says...

Anyone like that series? I know its been out for a while, but I just read it and loved it! :D Now one of my top book picks!

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:15 pm
Firestarter says...

I read it a long time ago, when I was much younger. They were the first real books I grew up on, and I enjoyed them a lot. Very cool.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:55 am
Perra says...

I read a few of them three or two years ago. I think I only finished two, but they were good. I need to pick them up again!
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:49 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Its ok. Not that good, although the part about the evil ferrets trying to take over the world and stuff was pretty cool...hey...I can go somewhere with this. :D J/K

Yes, I know, there wasn't any evil ferrets! I kind of liked that story, but I voted for so-so.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:52 am
Elelel says...

I've read every single book in that seris (except Loamhedge, but my brother owns it, so I'll get round to it sometime...) They're kind of corny... but I like them anyway! They're all different in a way, The Long Patrol is sad when heaps of people die in the end, Marlfox is the funniest with that hare everyone keeps laughing at. I aviod reading Martin the Warrior, I can't stand it how Rose dies...
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:08 am
Drizzt says...

Hehe, I read them all like three times. I loved and still love them. It's been a while, though.
People always complain about how life sucks, but they never kill themselves. Don't you wonder why? I do.

221 Reviews

Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:42 am
Elelel says...

Me niether, I havn't read them for... oh, must be two years now... but I will again sometime...
--Music and Lyrics

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:39 pm
electricbluemonkey says...

I havent read them in about 4 years or so...wait...yes, maybe...
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:49 pm
Nate says...

I read a few of the Redwall books back in sixth grade, and loved them at first. But by the time I got to the fourth one, it just seemed kind of repititive and I got bored of them.

221 Reviews

Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:59 am
Elelel says...

... yeah, they do get repetitive, but I read them when I was younger, and I didn't care then.
--Music and Lyrics

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:52 am
niteowl says...

My fifth grade teacher had us read Redwall for a class book. I was hooked for about two years, then I lost interest. It gets kind of long, and I hated the lack of chronology. Did you know they had a TV series for the first book and part of Mattimeo a few years ago. It was lame! :D

221 Reviews

Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:08 am
Elelel says...

TV serises of books are usually lame. I once saw one on Terry Pratchets "Bromeliad" triliogy, which they made look boring, (which, if you've ever read the books, you'd know that you need a very special skill to make those books boring and unfunny)
--Music and Lyrics

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:17 am
Perra says...

I know I've read Redwall and Mattemeo all the way through, but only part of about three others.
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:27 am
marzipan says...

It took me a while to realize that they're fairly repetitive. You read one, you've read 'em all. Still, I can't say that I didn't enjoy them when I was younger, but they've sort of exhausted themselves for me.

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:30 pm
Writersdomain says...

I thought the books were only so-so. Some of them had some good stories, but they just didn't go deep enough and make you think enough for me. If they would have developed the characters better and added a little more plot twists and heart-wrenching details, it might have been better, I also noticed they were a little repetetive which I don't like.
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

You have been de-shenaniganed.
— WaffleCat