z

Young Writers Society

Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce

Reviews: 1
Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:38 am
Harmony'sSake says...

I read this book a couple months ago from a friend and I just recently ordered it so I have my own copy.
This is my favorite book ever! Its beautifully written and includes all my favorite things in books: fantasy/magic, horses and a little romance. This book doesn't have much romance in it and it only talks about horses a little but it is still AWESOME!!
I also recommend the rest of the books in the Immortals quartet: Wolf-Speaker, Emperor Mage and The Realms of the Gods. The next 3 include more romance but its not the mushy-gushy crap. IF you haven't all ready you have to read these books!
"You should have died! Died rather than betray your friends as we would have for you!" Sirius Black

You know you are obsessed when you know enough quotes that you could use a new one everyday for almost a year!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:34 am
Snoink says...

Hehehe... Tamora Pierce is really the author who got me into writing for fantasy. :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:50 pm
View Likes
Duskglimmer says...

Same for me, Snoink.

I really like Tamora Pierce, but The Immortal's Quartet was not my favorite. I'm not quite sure what I would have done in her shoes, but it just seemed like the author was trying to awe us with something that... I wasn't in awe of. Perhaps it was just a personal preference for me.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:36 am
smaur says...

I try to like Tamora Pierce — I really do. The problem is that she limits herself so much and restricts herself to very narrow plots and refuses to explore. Case in point: The Circle Opens quartet, also known as the Biggest Cop-Out In The History of Time, Space, And God. Every story has the EXACT SAME PLOT. (The worst part is, I'm not lying or making this up or even slightly joking.) I think she's very talented, and I do love some of her stories very much, but the way she restricts herself and refuses to explore or experiment or dabble or try something new tends to bother me.
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:54 am
Shine says...

Tamora Pierce is really a very good writter,his descriptions are too good.

But Iactually didn't read this book ,got to do that as soon as my exams are over.
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:58 pm
Rei says...

I like this. Doing author interviews for the site is a great idea. I'm sure the authors for Annick Press (a small Canadian publisher) would go for it. They're very good authors, but not so famous, so I'm sure they would love to do this sort of thing.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

Too often we crave the extraordinary in life, without even learning how to cherish the ordinary first. Friend, I promise you this: if you can learn to take joy in the simple mundane things in life, the extraordinary will take care of itself, it'll be on its way, hurrying towards you. But if you skip the first part, it'll ever evade you.
— Arcticus