z

Young Writers Society

In The Forests of the Night

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:08 pm
hekategirl says...

I absolutely LOVE this book, It's by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes and she wrote when she was 15. It's about a vampire troubling with her past. It is a small book so I can't say much else but don't think 'Oh great ANOTHER vampire book' because Amelia Atwater-Rhodes creates such good characters that changes your definition of 'vampire' forever.

A must read!
***Honorary 11-Year-Old***

Heh-COT-ee-GUR-el

Got YWS?

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:40 am
Lil Dono says...

I read this book a couple years back. Now that I look at it, the double plot was rather clever but at the time I was reading it, I got confused. The characters were interesting although not at all original. One thing I didn't like at all was the powers of the vampire. The author made them all powerful when personally I like the characters who cant do everything and arent' superman.

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:16 am
hekategirl says...

Yes, that is true with the many powers for vampires, but you got to consider that Risika is a very powerful vampire. Not all vampires are so adept.
***Honorary 11-Year-Old***

Heh-COT-ee-GUR-el

Got YWS?

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:52 am
Lil Dono says...

For my taste it is but then again that's a opinion. For the many vampire stories out there I say this one ranks rather low, but it is a good children's book. And my comment didn't actually refer to the fact that Risika had too many powers, it's that all the vampires had too many powers; that none of them should have been able to teleport or shapeshift.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:48 pm
Night Mistress says...

This is book was very good when I read it. I love it. Too bad she didn't make a sequel to it.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:19 pm
Esmé says...

Oooh, read this last year, I think. I remember that it was awesome, and that I was sorry that it ended so fast - its very, very short, lol. Hehe, I think I wrote some fanfic to it.

Again, good book. I really recommend it.

-Elein

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:16 am
Foreseer says...

I LOVE this book, not to mention the author. I think this is a really good book, too short though and too bad there was no sequel. I must have read a lot of times by now and it doesn't lose its interest. I really like Aubrey and Risika, especially the fight scene at the end.

*Foreseer*
~*~It's Not Faith If You Use Your Eyes ~*~
- Miracle by Paramore

Meatball, meatball, spaghetti underneath; ravioli, ravioli, great barrier reef!
— Spongebob