z

Young Writers Society

Cut, by McCormick

Random avatar

Reviews: 85
Wed May 10, 2006 9:39 pm
pandoraswritings says...

IT is such a great book, so well written and it's almost like a teenager wrote it. The imagery is great. The book really settles into the mind of a thirteen year old girl. I highly recommend it to everyone who enjoys a good book.
Dani

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:05 am
Cassandra says...

The author did a fantastic job of getting into the character's head...really got into the midset of a 13/14 year old. And I believe the book was written in second person? You didn't really notice it much, except for when the main character (I can't remember her name?) is with her therapist...the only thing I didn't like about this book was the bit about her dad. I thought that part could have been expanded on a whole lot.

But overall, good read. I actually read this book in one sitting (without stopping), it was so good. :shock:

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:37 pm
Emerson says...

I loved this book, it came for me at a perfect time when I was going through my own issues. It was pretty good, I'm not really fond of 'teenager' books but this one was amazing. The second person was a neat twist, its the only book I've read with second person.

It was touching. A good work.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate.
— Sigmund Freud