z

Young Writers Society

The Simpsons and Philosophy-The D’oh! of Homer

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:41 pm
Baps says...

The book The Simpsons and Philosophy-The D’oh! of Homer is based on the popular television show ``The Simpsons’’. ``The Simpsons’’ is one of America’s longest running animated television shows which focuses on the adventures of the Simpson family and its citizens who reside in the town of Springfield. Homer and Marge Simpson are the parents of Bart, Lisa, and Maggie. This book is a collection of essays edited by William Irwin, Mark T. Conard, and Aeon J. Skoble. Each essay gives an in-depth perspective on many philosophical issues that occur in many of the episodes which many viewers may put aside. The characters in the show ``The Simpsons’’ possess many characteristics which can be directly related to specific philosophers.There is more to ``The Simpsons’’ than just its comedic cast since it does teach moral values. This book not only reflects upon certain philosophical themes but it can relate to the era, place, and culture in which we live. One must realize that such issues even in a popular sitcom should not be ignored but carefully examined.

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:50 am
AspiringAuthorA..M. says...

What? This sounds strangely intriguing. :P
"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
-John 11:25-26

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:05 pm
roboninja says...

i don't know why but i am going to go straight out to buy this book.
Are you thinking what I'm thinking? no, I'm thinking what I'm thinking

You are strong enough to conquer this day and the rest of your life.
— Tuckster