z

Young Writers Society

Love- A Keepsake.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:00 pm
rhiannonlayla says...

Love- A Keepsake is a small book of romantic poems, published in 1981.

I discovered it whilst waltzing like a child throughout my Mother's brilliant literature collection, it was given as a gift in hope the 16 year old, future 'small-time-yet-beautiful' would one day believe in love. She did, hence, my birth & this submission & review.

The collection begins with 'Colours', written by Yevgeny Tevtushenko, the poem is a narrative based on the tragic realisation that one paticular persons position in their life & love causes them to realise 'the poverty of what I have'.
Other poets whos work is included include Elizabeth Barrett Browning, & a translated poem 'People Hide Their Love' translated from Chinese, the original poet Emperor Wu-Ti.

My paticular favourite was an untitled poem by Roger McGough, ethereal & classicaly bohemian in it's view of a life of love with another, it begins with 'Our love will be an epic film.'

The book is one I take with me when going on long car trips or on a plane, as it accesorises stranger scenery perfectly, ethereal & able to convert the sternest of human to an utter romantic, if only for a hour, minute, or so.

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:56 pm
posum says...

That was interesting but definitly needs work
To die is to lose and I always win
except for that one time...
that really hurt...

101 Reviews

Reviews: 101
Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:45 am
WritersUnleashed says...

posum wrote:That was interesting but definitly needs work

So does your reviewing skills. Elaborate.

I'll show my defiance through ironic obedience!
— AstralHunter