z

Young Writers Society

stormbreaker

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:36 pm
View Likes
black templar says...

This is the first book in the Alex Rider series (there are 6 books) and it rocks. Alex Rider the 14 year old boy has his uncle, his only carer taken away from him in a car crash. He has to join the MI6 because that was in his uncles will. And so Alex Rider's new life and first mission begins....

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:45 pm
ali 2 says...

I've read all the alex rider books they are briliant.
They are really great fun to read.

I think scorpia (no.5) & ark angel (no.6) are the best.

If you are stuck for something to read try the alex rider series

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:08 am
Clover Madison says...

The Alex Rider series is amazing for both boys and girls. I recommend them all the time to people looking for books. If you want a fun, fast, action-packed read you must check out the Alex Rider books.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:51 pm
SilentGargoyle7 says...

I've read all of them but Archangel. So far I like Scorpia the best but I also liked that guy that got his mouth all torn up while juggling knives. I think he was in the first one. He just sounded like a real creepy villain. :twisted:
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Reviews: 3
Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:11 pm
GRIM-SLEEPER says...

well i think that they are all kool but i would think that archangel is the best of books and i would like to know if any one knows if he will write another book or not

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:24 pm
Sureal says...

Read the first one. Hated it. Refused to read anymore.
I wrote the above just for you.

Reviews: 0
Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:26 am
Leevee says...

They're a pretty good series, but they're not nearly as good as the CHERUB series by Robert Muchamore. Which is kind of annoying, because the Alex Rider books get all of the attention, despite the CHERUB series being more realistic (well, you know, as realistic as teenage spies can be).
Possession is nine-tenths of the law, and perception is nine-tenths of the fight.

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:34 am
Mr. Everyone says...

looks like im going to have to pick it up =)

keep writing and =) happy reading (=
~Everyone~

=) *wave*

Reviews: 3
Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:05 am
inkdragon says...

That's a great series! My favorite AR books are "Stormbreaker", "Scorpia", "Ark Angel", and "Skeleton Key".
[Insert nifty quote here]

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:26 am
Ofour says...

They're alright but...

He always somehow manages to miraculously survive.

He always saves the world in just the nickiest of nicks of time.

Child versions of James Bond aren't very good.

The author can't shut up about the M783274 sub-super-ultra automatic mega-pistol 3000. He does this with everything: cars, guns, planes, the lot.

It gets a bit repetitive and boring.

They definitely aren't brilliant.
ln(-a)=i(pi) + lna

Reviews: 0
Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:57 am
Pacific says...

I agree, they aren't brilliant. But their brilliantly put together. Books just don't become bestsellers for nothing. :)

I can tell you there better then the Spy High series. *gags* Now THAT is a cliche. (No offense to anyone who likes those, I just don't)

But Artemis Fowl beats 'em both! :D
-Kiley-
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you. - Rita Mae Brown

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:12 am
extrication says...

I love Alex Rider purely for entertainment value. I don't really get too deep into them, and while I agree that they aren't the most brilliant books in the world, they are really more suited for a laid back, summer afternoon light read, or that sort of thing.

They do get sort of predictable after a while. [But I read it purely for the pretty boy angst and Yassen.] ;)
because memory moves in orbits
of absence, because she holds her hands out in the rain,
and rain remembers nothing, not even how it became itself.
- Las Ruinas del Corazon, Eric Gamalinda

The most important service rendered by the press and the magazines is that of educating people to approach printed matter with distrust.
— Samuel Butler