100%
i don't care either way
No votes

Total votes : 3

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:42 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

i just finished reading the first two of the starcraft series, there are 3 books in all, and it is based in the far future, its a really cool scifi book. has any one read it or heard about it? the first one is called Liberty's Crusade, the second is called Shadow of the Xel'Naga , the third is called Speed of Darkness

here is a little description i got from the book:

Far in the future, 60,000 light-years from Earth, a loose confederacy of Terran exiles is locked in battle with the enigmatic Protoss and the ruthless Zerg Swarm in a war that may herald the beginning of mankind's greatest chapter--or foretell its violent, bloody end. Based on the bestselling computer game.

this is my little summary:
this first book is about reporter John Liberty, he is sent to the front lines of the confederacy military, flying in their colossal space battle cruisers. he is recording information on the new aleins appearing in the colonized worlds, and about the rebel's led by the ruthless uncaring man Mengesk. this story talks about his experiences, in the front lines, and his near death experiences. there are quite a few battles, and it is loosly based off of one of the best selling computer games, but you dont have to play the game to understand the story.

if you have played the game this book is a must read, and if you havent played the game, you should still probably go out and check it out from the nearest library. it rocks
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:49 am
Sponson Light says...

Dude, the game is like 16 years old, the most balanced RTS game there is, and its still kick ass.
Its like my childhood!
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

375 Reviews

Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:52 am

yea it is old but its still the best selling game on the book lol.... it's my child hood too, because all of my computers are now too good to play the game... stupid updates.....

i love that game, i rocked at it too, most of my freinds sucked at it, i didn't then, but now that we found a computer that will play it i suck at it lol, i guess i need to work on it a whole lot more. i used to be able to beat opponets with ease, i didnt use any cheats backt hen lol , think of that. my brother has to cheat, he is really really bad at it, and i always have to come over to help him lol....

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

Random avatar

Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:56 am
Sponson Light says...

I remember this one time, my friend started playing, and me being out of it for 2-4 years, agreed to play him.

We were both terran.
He scans the middle of the map.
He sees a horde of my battlecruisers.
I win.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

375 Reviews

Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:02 am

yea you win, one of my freinds was playing one kid on line, and i was watching him they call a 30 minute truce were they jsut build and stuff, my freind called that truce so yea, he builds all the stuff and upgrades everything and i am over here saying "build some defenses and units" he says"im dong something shut up" and the opponet comes and wipes the playing feild with my freinds face, he has like 12 carriers fuly upgraded, and when he demolishes my freinds base, (he has one other base), he types "i hope that wasnt your base" ... and my freind stumbles upon a feild full of those plasma turrents it has like literally 100 turrents, we never saw the other guys base, eventually my freind nukes the plasma turents and then his othe rbase is found and he has his a$$ handed to him once again

Random avatar

Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:06 am
Sponson Light says...

I dont like the allying system in SC, because you can always unally.

Oh well, Zergling Blood is clearly the winner.

375 Reviews

Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:47 am

i dont ally, i just beat the crap out of everyone.

i like all of them, they each have theri own unique and good traits, so i play as all of them

214 Reviews

Reviews: 214
Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:34 pm
Prosithion says...

I never read the books, but I have both the original and the expansion games, and they rock. I've beaten both.
"wub wub wub wub. Now Zoidberg is the popular one."

"Computer... Captain's musk"

gonna be honest, i dont believe in the moon
— sheyren