z

Young Writers Society

Go Ask Alice

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:16 am
TheBoyWhoFloed says...

"Go Ask Alice" is a girl named Alice's Diary. A 100% real story. The diary tells of her changes in life as she is introduced to drugs and the things she goes through after she starts using. After you read half of the diary you feel like you know this and feel her pains as if she was your best friend. It really is an amazing book. I hope you pick it up sometime.
I am What I Am.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:18 am
zelithon says...

I plan to.
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:22 am
Sam says...

I read it and it was pretty good, but sometimes the diary's pretty awkwardly phrased so you've really just got to pay attention to the ideas behind it and not just the words. Other than that, I thought it was pretty good. Read it in a sitting. :P
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:44 pm
Pushca says...

i read it it one sitting, waiting for my friend to wake up at a sleepover. it's very good.
"Nothing I could write would be as shocking and offensive as censorship itself." -Deb Caletti

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:50 pm
Emerson says...

I loved this book, and could not put it down! It was pretty good, though at first the '70's slang through me off (I didn't know it was from the '70s)

Although, everyone does know that it is a mystery who wrote it? and not in an "Alice" sense, in a It's probably fake sense. I've read up on it, so you can look for yourself:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_Ask_Alice#Authorship
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Reviews: 2
Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:13 am
aaoftulsa says...

i read the book once but it really didn't work for me. if the drug sort of book is what your thinking is so good, a million little pieces is a better read. apparently though its not all real. as a diary book i didn't think it was all that great. from what i can remember it was quite vauge. i wasn't all that impressed with the book. i can respect the book and the life and the goal though believe me. i guess its all down to what you're after.

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:43 am
Mr. Everyone says...

Sounds inspiring!... I'll look it up and check it out! Thank you! =)

Keep writing, and =) happy reading (=
~Everyone~

=) *wave*

I see no reason to celebrate the random timing of natural events by eating poison and singing.
— Dilbert