z

Young Writers Society

'Under the Dome', by Stephen King

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:17 am
cannibalcorpse3 says...

A long book, yeah? But I'm finding the length isn't taking anything away from the story at all. Basically, it's classic S.K. writing-wise, and I suppose the story is too considering the amounts of deaths and lengthy descriptions, but there's one thing I love Stephen King for more and more, every time I read one of his novels: the characters :3. It's really just the best, the way he makes you hate them or love them or what have you, and Under the Dome is a great example of this in action. Dale "Barbie" Barbara, the cool, calm ex-military sweetheart, and James "Big Jim" Rennie, the corrupt second selectman of Chester's Mill pull you into the story and whisk you along with them to suffocate under the mysterious dome encasing their small town (and perhaps their sanities, too). But hey, I'm not complaining about it one bit, and if you don't mind making, say, a 10 day commitment to a drawn out novel of suspense, corrupt politics, and the evils of human nature, then read 'Under the Dome'. Now.
The remainder is, An unjustifiable, egotistical, power struggle, At the expense of the American Dream.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:05 am
BrooklynWriter says...

I have actually been planing on buying this book for a while and now I want to rush to the book store and buy this book :!:

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:13 am
AspiringAuthorA..M. says...

I see Under The Dome every time I go to the local library. But I have never gotten the habit of checking it out.
"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
-John 11:25-26

Journeys end in lovers' meeting.
— William Shakespeare