z

Young Writers Society

Books you loved more than the movie...

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:21 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Everything, but most especially... harry potter 6 . It's NOTHING like the movie, to me.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

350 Reviews

Reviews: 350
Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:35 pm
Jenthura says...

LOTR for sure, but that's just because I'm a geek. Maybe if they made it into a long looong series they could get all the happenings into it. And Arwen sux.
-ж-Ж-ж-

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:02 am
GhostlyImpressions says...

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks had me crying like a baby, but the movie was HORRID! Not just because it had Miley Cyrus in it either, and she didn't suit the role anyway.

The Lovely Bones was so much better to read than to watch. I don't think it's possible to do both, not for me at least because I tend to become entirely frustrated if they are not similar.
Ghosts always float through your mind; but they stay longer than necessary. Like my thoughts.

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:16 pm
Calligraphy says...

DragonWriterFanatic wrote:Everything, but most especially... harry potter 6 . It's NOTHING like the movie, to me.

I refused to watch any more of the Harry Potters after I saw the first and second ones. They should make a whole new set that is actually good for once.

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:04 pm
twiggers says...

I so appoligize for that greusome fact above, but it is true.
Pa-pa-paastaa! Roma-tomay-tahh! Garlic, oo la la! I'm so delicious!
*Courtesy to Annoying Orange*

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:00 pm
SoggyPoptart says...

I actually liked The Lovely Bones movie and not the book, to me it was quite boring and uninteresting past the 100th page. But hey, that's just me :wink:

Avalon High-The movie and book were both terrible, so I guess they cancel each other out?
Life isn't like a box of chocolates. Life is more like a jar of Jalapenos, what you do today might burn your rear tomorrow!

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:12 pm
Slone says...

Thought that the book "City of Ember" was much better than the movie. The movie had bad actors and it was just plain awful. Thats really all i have ti say... Toodles!!!
"If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear"
-Winnie the Pooh

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:18 pm
twiggers says...

'city of ember' was awful.
Pa-pa-paastaa! Roma-tomay-tahh! Garlic, oo la la! I'm so delicious!
*Courtesy to Annoying Orange*

Reviews: 3
Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:27 pm
JenGwen says...

I have a few, but i think the worst is the Twilight series. They murdered it! ll the books are way, way better!
Also Eragon, the book is sooooooooooooooo much better, are they all like that?!
Although i didn't get along with the book The Fire Theif, i didn't read enough of the book to dislike the movie. This time (Only) i liked the movie more than the book.
The four elements of success: Talent, Skills, Try, and Luck. Talent you are born with; Skills you develop; Try is intestinal, fortitude or guts; Luck is spelled w.o.r.k. and is defined when preporation meets opportunity. :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 8
Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:27 pm
ShadowChic says...

OMG! Most books really. I hate directors and producers that kill the whole story of an amazing book!
Here's my mini list of The Films I Wanted To Cry About Because They Killed The Whole Story:
*Eragon (and I love that book, it was one of my inspirations for writing fantasy)
*All Harry Potters
*And All the Twilights (and I haven't even read the books!)

Well, that's all I can be bothered to think up! Oh, one film that was better then the book though - P.S I Love You (but only because I love Gerard Butler...what a fitty!!)

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:42 am
View Likes
katchaerin says...

Percy Jackson and The Olympians : The Lightning Thief. I REALLY LOVE THE BOOKS and Rick Riordan is a genius. I was pretty disappointed when the movie was totally different. Percy Jackson was supposed to be 12 years old but Percy in the movie was around 17. They also took a LOT of major characters. Oh well. At least Logan Lerman's really cute, so that's okay. XD I just wish they didn't change the characters that much. T_T
REVIEW!!!
'cause I review back. XD XD XD

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:31 am
darkangel_05 says...

HARRY POTTER series, Twilight saga, PERCY JACKSON.

I love the novels more than the movies.
Sometimes B sharp,
Never B flat,
Always B natural.

I love writing songs and listening to music and books and daydreaming and coffee at five in the morning.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:24 am
tommyknocker says...

Being a S.K fan, i could rattle off numerous movies that were absolute rubbish to the book.

Nonetheless.

IT, is my favorite book by him and i bought the movie (5 dollars haha) and i just couldn't get over how crummy it was.

Also, The Shining. "Here's Johnny," wasn't in the book. And there was no maze in the novel!
"There is no comfort without pain; thus we define salvation through suffering." Cato

Reviews: 2
Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:50 pm
View Likes
Breononater says...

This has happened to me plenty of times.
Books:
Hoot
Inkheart
Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief
Harry Potter
Narnia

Great books make great movies.(but the books are better though :smt002 )
-Breon-
"No one can stop you but you"

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:15 am
lauraxc says...

My sisters keeper, P.S. I love you, the notebook ... they're all good films, but all 3 changed the book plot drastically (2 changed the ending, one changed the place it was set to a completely different continent)
I think P.S. I love you lost its charm when they set it in New York.
by the way, I know they're all really cliché books AND films but I still love them :D
"I always hated when my scars started to fade, because as long as I could still see them, I knew why I was hurting."
— Jodi Picoult

my outlook on life: Sorry if this doesn't make sense to you, because it does to me :)

"I feel like if men sent unsolicited dragon pics instead of *other* unsolicited pics they’d get a lot further in life"
— ShadowVyper