z

Young Writers Society

Airborn Trilogy

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:19 am
Forestqueen808 says...

I love the book Airborn! And am starting Skybreaker! They are suddenly my favorite books, though I think every books is my favorite. But I feel this one is different, I really liked Ender's Game, and I don't read sci-fi this much, but suddenly sci-fi is my life! I think it started with Airborn! What do you think about this book?
Sorrow lasts through this night
I'll take this piece of you,
and hold for all eternity
For just one second I felt whole... as you flew right through me.

~Sorrow by Flyleaf

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:51 pm
Master_Yoda says...

Skybreaker wasn't bad. I mean I liked the premise to a certain extent but the author, Oppel, did a couple of really stupid things like making that gas Hydrium smelling like mango. If you want people to take your book seriously you have to take it seriously as well. Giving it a smell of mango is not called serious.

I also found certain scenes a little too off the wall and there were a couple of moments where I just thought, "What is this guy on about? This would never happen. Even in a fantastical world."

I started reading the second one, but got bored of his writing style, so I just stopped.

Overall it's not really bad, it just has one or two aspects to it that are too unbelievable, and a couple of relationships that make his characters appear just less than believable.

Ender's Game on the other hand is awesome! That's one of my favorite science fictions, but is also somewhat unbelievable at times.

Have a great one! ;)
#TNT

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
-- Robert Frost

I review your reviews: viewtopic.php?f=188&t=94522

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:16 am
Kamas says...

I have seen these around before. Never bothered to pick one up.
If you guys like them I might give them a try next time I'm at the bookstore.
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
— Mark Twain