z

Young Writers Society

Good Dark Fiction

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:34 am
empressoftheuniverse says...

I like American Psycho, Dexter, things of that nature.
It doesn't have to include gore or serial killers.. but it has to be dark. Humor is appreciated but not needed.
If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them.
Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart.
*Le Bible
Royal Reviews Here!

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:54 pm
Krupp says...

Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy is pretty dark, though maybe not in the way you might think..it's kind of subtle, but definitely a disturbing book for a first-time reader.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:15 pm
BarrettBenedict says...

Johnny Got His Gun by Dalton Trumbo. It's an oldy but a goody, dark political story about a Soldier that gets all of his extremities blown off and is stuck in his own mind.

Autumn of the Patriarch by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. It's dark and grungy, surreal and beautiful.

And uh, Kafka: Metamorphosis.
"Is", "is." "is" — the idiocy of the word haunts me. If it were abolished, human thought might begin to make sense. I don't know what anything "is"; I only know how it seems to me at this moment. -Robert Anton Wilson

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:13 pm
Kamas says...

Bliss by Lauren Myracle

This book was addicting and gave my the shivers. It's got some gore, a little accidental murder and some ghosts of dead school girls. Give it a try.
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:09 am
empressoftheuniverse says...

Thank you for the ideas... I will go pick those up the next time I have some money to spare. I don't believe in library books; If I enjoy the book I want to read it again; so going to the library is like opening an ipod touch and getting it snatched from you just as you learn all of its functions.
Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart.
*Le Bible
Royal Reviews Here!

We know what we are, but know not what we may be.
— William Shakespeare