z

Young Writers Society

David Gemmell

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:01 pm
Firestarter says...

Is anybody here a David Gemmell fan? I love his books. Heroic Fantasy, for all who don't know of him.

I recommend any fantasy fans to pick up any of his books, 'Legend' is a good starter, his most famous book. It's really great. Just re-read it recently, had forgotten how much I love his writing.

He is really quite good at characters, some fantasy writers invloving action and warriors sometimes forget the character is also a person and not just a killing machine. Gemmell delves in and seaches the character's memories, experiences, feelings...everything.

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:08 am
Chevy says...

I have never heard of David Gemmel. In fact, I have never even read any fantasy in my whole life--well, I read King Arthur and The Chronicles of Narnia...do they count? Lol, I doubt it.
But I can never seem to find time to really search for good fantasy books..the ones I've picked up and started have all turned out to be wack. So I guess David Gemmel? A good recomendation? Perhaps...I'll check him out.

The chains of habits are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken.
— Warren Buffet