z

Young Writers Society

Ellen Hopkins

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:04 am
Rascalover says...

Anyone out there who shares my love of her free style verse novels. I just cant get enough of her books. Oh my gosh its crazy. I just fell in love with it! :)

Anyone else like this?
There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein~ Red Smith

Who needs a review? :) http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic38078.html

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:06 pm
WaterVyper says...

I'm in the middle of Crank, and I must say that it's interesting. I've never really been fond of novels told in poems, but this one grabbed my attention. I just still have to get over a few things. I've never been able to stand people having more than one relationship going on at a time, really. I'm not sure why, but it always bothers me. Aside from that, they're very good. I'm thinking of looking for her other books next.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

456 Reviews

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:01 am
Rascalover says...

I must say I love novels in verse so its a plus for me :) Also do you mean like characters cheating? because in stories i think it's fine, real even.
Or do youb mean other kinds of relationship, iof so I feel dumb right about now lol
There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein~ Red Smith

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:41 pm
MagnusBane says...

I read Impulse, Identical and Crank. The first two were amazing, but I just couldn't get into Crank for some reason. It just didn't interest me for some reason.
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

Random avatar

Reviews: 13
Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:29 pm
lilfeather2749 says...

I've read all of Ellen's novels, and I loved them all, especially Impulse. I am VERY excited for her upcoming Novel, Tricks, about teenage prostitution. I think Ellen will really nail this next one, and I absolutely adore her writing style!

456 Reviews

Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:55 am
Rascalover says...

I know! I cant wait until it comes out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! man, when does it come out any way?

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:54 pm
MagnusBane says...

Ooh, a new book? Does anyone know the release date for it?
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:57 pm
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

I think that the new one comes out sometime at the end of August. I think, don't take my word for it. But, anyways, I absolutely love her books. I didn't think I'd like the poem thing, but I actually really did. Identical is probably my favorite, the end was such a good twist, it had a few little plot holes I was wondering about and the end just pulled it together. I liked the other ones a lot too, especially Impulse. The only one I haven't read is Burned. I hope to get it soon. And I'm excited for the new one.
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm
CreativeFreak says...

I love Ellen Hopkins!! I just finished reading my first book by her three days ago, "Burned", and i have to say it was AMAZING. The rest of my family doesn't like it becuase they think it's bad, but i don't care. It was a great book written by a great auther. Now i'm going on to Impulse! :D :D :D
Write on.

XD YES !!!! EMBRACE THE POWER OF CAPS LOCK + EXCLAMATION!!!! no SHAME IN BEING EASILY EXCITABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
— Euphory