z

Young Writers Society

The Inkheart Series

144 Reviews

Reviews: 144
Mon May 11, 2009 4:24 pm
GoldenQuill says...

HEY! I'm just looking for a few people who've read Inkheart, and what you thought of it. I, personally, adored the book, but hey; that's just me. I can't seem to find people anywhere else who've read Inkheart... so yeah! Just post here if you've read it or thinking of reading it. I can totally convince you. ^.^

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Tue May 12, 2009 1:23 pm
View Likes
Phantomofthebasket says...

Yes!
Inkheart, Inkspell and Inkdeath.
All brilliant beyond brilliant books!

My favorite character would most definitely have to be Dustfinger. =D
Phantom's Contest Basket <--Make me happy and join my contest! Due date: August 15th!
Phantom's Reviewing Basket <--Need a review? Go here and ask!

144 Reviews

Tue May 12, 2009 2:58 pm
View Likes
GoldenQuill says...

Completely agreed. Dustfinger is, like, the best in the entire world. ^.^ I love him. <3 I really really really want the Inkspell movie to come out, but the Inkheart movie didn't do so good, so, it's very doubtful. D=
formerly ZlyWilk

Finally achieving my dreams. Dive into a unique horror story.

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Thu May 14, 2009 9:36 pm
MeadowLark says...

I love the Inkheart Trilogy! They have got to be some of my favourite books to read. Cornelia Funke is a wonderful author. A girl in school recommened the book and it took a few months before I actually picked it up. Gosh, I couldn't wait till Inkdeath came out. So excited and read it in two days. I've read Inkheart four times, Inkspell three times and of course Inkdeath once.

Dustfinger is an awesome character. My favourite above all.
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Fri May 15, 2009 9:32 pm
MagnusBane says...

I own them all! I absolutely love these books. I personally thought that Inkheart was the best because it had stronger characterization, but the other books were great too. My favorite character is probably Capricorn. He's amazing!
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

144 Reviews

Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:13 am
GoldenQuill says...

Yay! More Inkheart lovers! Which one was your guys' favorite books?
formerly ZlyWilk

Finally achieving my dreams. Dive into a unique horror story.

Random avatar

Reviews: 15
Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:37 pm
View Likes
Horserider says...

I read it because I always like to read books before watching the movie. Personally I felt it dragged on a bit and it wasn't all that unexpected, but other than that it was good book.

I'm not in all that much of a hurry to get Inkspell and Inkdeath though, but I'll get around to reading them eventually.

I actually found Farid and Dustfinger more interesting than Maggie and her father.

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:11 pm
TheWordsmith says...

I thought Inkheart was boring.

Don't get me wrong, it had amazing potential. It was just that I got a third of the way through the story and was like, "Okay, yeah, so a lot of boring stuff happens... Is it really all that important?" And then, of course, I got two-thirds through and was like, "Why are we still here? This should have ended ages ago!"

Then I tried reading Inkspell... it was a futile effort. At least I managed to finish Inkdeath....

That was just about the plot. Personally, I loved the characters. My favorite was the old author... What was his name again?
Bad spellars of the world, untie! - T-shirt

Join iSpy! Click here!

239 Reviews

Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:19 am
View Likes
MeadowLark says...

His name was Fenglio or something like that.

I've read Inkheart more then the others. It has to be my favourite. But I'm not one to chose a favourite for I love most books!

They're amazing books and I couldn't wait to get my fingers around Inkdeath when it came out--unfortunetly I had to wait for Christmas to read it. Haha, it took me not even two days.

Random avatar

Reviews: 150
Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:04 pm
200397 says...

My favorite book in the trilogy was Inkdeath, mostly because it doesn't have a unhappy ending (when Inkheart and Inkspell did.) But also I liked it because Meggie gets over Farid and goes for Daria (is that his name?) and also Dustfinger is braver.

Dustfinger, I think, is everyone's favorite character. For me, my favorites are Dustfinger and Resa. :) I don't like Farid or Fenoglio.

~Sunny

321 Reviews

Reviews: 321
Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:07 pm
Flower~Child says...

I have read two of the books and I am reading the third right now. My favorite character is Dustfinger, and my favorite book so far is inkspell.
My reality comes to a close as I once again realize that you don't love me, and even if I love you with my everything you will never care.

239 Reviews

Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:43 am
MeadowLark says...

I didn't like Fenoglio either! Gosh, he ruined everything in Inkspell! But ya, there was just something about Dustfinger. He was just plain ole awesome. He was pretty cool in the third book. I agree with Sunny. He was much braver and not so chicken >_<

Farid, he was alright in the first book but the other two, he was just annoying! Inkspell had to be the saddest out of the trilogy.

Reviews: 0
Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:02 pm
View Likes
Katiebaby says...

Yeah, I've read the first two. I'm waiting for Inkdeath to come out in paperback or for money, whichever comes first.

They really are good books.
Seems to me, like for the first time, I'm getting it right.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:44 am
View Likes
Phantomofthebasket says...

Urgh, I had to wait forever for inkdeath, it drove me insane.
I finally got it after about three months or something ridiculous like that...

v- VERY major spoiler if you haven't read Inkdeath!
[spoiler]Oh my God. When I saw it in the store, I went to pick it up to see if Dustfinger's name appeared because I was so mad when she killed off Dustfinger in Inkspell! But I couldn't pick it up. I didn't want to ruin it.
I'm so glad she brought him back though...[/spoiler]
Phantom's Contest Basket <--Make me happy and join my contest! Due date: August 15th!
Phantom's Reviewing Basket <--Need a review? Go here and ask!

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:55 pm
AquaMarine says...

I love these books! i am so annoyed cause i haven't got round to reading inkdeath yet, is it as good as the other two?

but i thought the movie was a disapointment, just didn't do it for me!

dustfinger is awesome. everyone has to love him!
X
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

That smells like the inside of a tropical rainforest.
— Yoshikrab's friend