z

Young Writers Society

19 minutes by Jodi Picoult

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Mon May 04, 2009 10:39 pm
Rascalover says...

Wow this book blew me away, and I wouldn't even of read ifm y friend hadn't of asked me to read it with her. it's about a devasting school shooting, and a friendship that went sour.
The style of her writing is magnificent. I couldn't put the book down. The feelings and emotions are so true and evident that they almost straggle you. it just blew me away. I also like the fact that it switched back and forth between different characters points of views.
Just wondering if any one else has read this/ and if not you should go out and read it right now!
There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein~ Red Smith

Who needs a review? :) http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic38078.html

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sun May 10, 2009 3:58 pm
Phantomofthebasket says...

Ahh, yes, 19 Minutes.
Absolutely AMAZING book.
Jodi Picoult is most definitely one of the best writers in the world.
Another one by her that was really good?
The Pact.
Phantom's Contest Basket <--Make me happy and join my contest! Due date: August 15th!
Phantom's Reviewing Basket <--Need a review? Go here and ask!

456 Reviews

Thu May 14, 2009 9:38 pm
Rascalover says...

seriously! I had that book in my hands going to read it then i decided not too. now ill just have to get it at the library :)
There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein~ Red Smith

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Thu May 14, 2009 10:22 pm
KailaMarie says...

19 Minutes is really good. Jodi Picoult really is amazing. I didn't like this one as much as My Sister's Keeper, though. I thought the ending of that one left way more of an impact, this one was sort of predictable.

But I really admire her style and characters. And I love law case books when they have good relationships and characters, like To Kill a Mockingbird.
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Thu May 14, 2009 10:41 pm
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Ooh! I love that book! I just finished it awhile ago. It was really good. I agree with KailaMarie though, I really liked My Sister's Keeper, if you haven't read that you should. I just got The Pact, I'm looking forward to reading that.
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

456 Reviews

Thu May 14, 2009 11:10 pm
Rascalover says...

I dont know if I'll like my sisters keep. I had to choose between 19 minutes and my sisters keeper obviously I chose 19 mintues. I read like the little summary flap of the book and didnt think it was as good but maybe im wrong?

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Tue May 26, 2009 6:11 am
Wiggy says...

Judy Picoult is a MAGNIFICENT author. Her stories are so real! I adored Nineteen Minutes; it was one of those books that actually stayed with me. My Sister's Keeper is great, too, and her newest one, Handle with Care, was really, really good (and really, really sad). Definitely read her!
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

456 Reviews

Wed May 27, 2009 1:02 am
Rascalover says...

amen to that! :)

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:15 pm
Shishu95 says...

I agree with you. This book was amazing, to say the least. My English teacher was reading it, and she recommended it to me, and since then I've read almost every single book Jodi Picoult has written. Jodi Picoult has the ability to write beautiful passages in the view of a variety of different characters, and her voice is simply amazing. I would recommend this book to anybody, because I think the target audience was anybody mature enough to understand the book. It's an amazing read, and so are her other books (:
---------
"Be the change you wish to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:10 pm
Chloe says...

Jodi Picoult is amazing; she inspires me. I love the way she makes you believe one thing, or suspect a certain character, then throws it back in your face. I've been reading her books for 4 years and I've yet to be disappointed.

Top books of hers are:
Nineteen Minutes
The Pact
Change of Heart
Salem Falls

However, these are personal favourites. I've loved all her books so I suppose what you prefer depends on the subject in focus.

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:57 pm
Antigone Cadmus says...

Meh. It was alright. Definitely not her best.
Same basic theme as her other novels -- if you've read one Picoult, you've read them all. As much as I thought the court scenes were unrealistic, it's a good read. It's simple, and only takes a few hours to read. Picoult is an entertaining author, and I did enjoy it.

--Antigone
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

Man is by nature a political animal.
— Aristotle