z

Young Writers Society

Heart of Darkness

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:39 pm
Krupp says...

I'd heard so much of this novella when I was a younger lad I purchased the book that contained it and several other stories and was getting ready to read it, when i gave it to a friend to borrow right before he left to go back home to Africa. Fortunately, I picked up a new copy for my English Lit class, and I'd have to say this might be my favorite novella, and one of the finest stories I've read. Everything I've ever strode to comment on in humanity was rooted out in this story. I highly recommend it for kids who are willing to be engaged and really look deep under the surface of the story.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:49 pm
Blink says...

Hey! I haven't read it, but it's on my will-force-myself-to-read list. Also, it's Joseph Conrad, not Jason. :wink:
Last edited by Blink on Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:51 pm
Krupp says...

Blink wrote:Hey! I haven't read it, but it's on my will-force-myself-to-read list. Also, it's Joseph Conrad, not Jason. :wink:

you're right; it is Joseph. I have no idea why I put Jason down...kinda sad that it took someone else to notice that.

It's not a book you should feel forced to read. It's actually a lot of fun to go through one you get settled through the first few pages.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

He who knows only his own generation remains forever a child.
— Cicero