z

Young Writers Society

The Bad Tuesdays: Twisted Symmetry

529 Reviews

Reviews: 529
Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:22 pm
xDudettex says...

Hey =]

So I was looking for something to read last week and searching through my local book shop, I stumbled across, The bad Tuesdays: Twisted Symmetry, by Benjamin J, Myers -the first in a six book series.

I'd never even heard of him before and after further research I found that he only published his first book in January of this year.

:arrow: Synopsis;

Chess Tuesday and her brothers, Box and Splinter, are street rats; outcast children who live on the fringes of society. They know nothing of their past but now they are being tracked by two powerful, rival sides - the Twisted Symmetry and the Committee. They don't know why - but it soon becomes clear that they possess a terrifying legacy for their future.

I don't usually read Sci-fi books, but I found this book an easy and enjoyable read. It kept me gripped from start to finish. The plot seems a little unoriginal at first, but then it seems to branch out and become more unique.

The only small faults I have with the book is that sometimes, Myers seems to have comma phobia and he goes paragraphs without using one. That being said, I only had to re-read a few sentences to get the jist them. Sometimes, he seems to 'tell' for pages and then his writing will become more 'show,' but it didn't really effect the overall read.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who likes to read, sci-fi or fantasy,

xDudettex :)
'Stop wishing for the sunshine. Start living in the rain.' - Kids In Glass Houses.

'Would you destroy something perfect in order to make it beautiful?' - MCR artwork.

One who sits between two chairs may easily fall down.
— Proverb from Romania and Russia