z

Young Writers Society

Thr3e

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:05 am
Dradian Far Runes says...

I just read it about a month ago, and no story has even come close since then. Thr3e is one of my all-time favorite books. It has everything a good story of its kind needs: interesting premise, enthralling plot, fascinating characters, deep, intense, dark themes of light and darkness, terrifyingly realistic suspense, a jaw-dropping climax... its just... wow... its amazing.
I don't want to say much about it, reveal the plot twist (which is probably one of the most captivating aspects of the book), but its about Kevin, a man studying good and evil in a religious university. Leaving the university one day, he gets a phonecall. A man, with a wierd voice... "You have three minutes to confess your sin," he says. Kevin hangs up.. he dosn't know who the heck it is. He gets out of his vehicle. And it blows up.
From then on, the mysterious psychopath makes Kevin solve riddles, and go back to his childhood home, (an evil place for him), and push himself to the limits of his sanity until.... well, you'll have to find out for yourself, but its undescribable.

If all this dosn't convince you, check out the preview for the movie they made of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdAw98ZYVkk

Well, by now, I'm hoping a bunch of you are hyped up enough to check it out, but if you need more information, there are plenty of reviews on Amazon.com. (You can also buy it from that site because its like 3 bucks used. 8))

Ted Dekker is awesome.

-M.E.
They say the eyes
Are windows to the soul
I say the earth
The sky
The moon
The very breath upon my lips
All of these
Are windows
To you

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:11 pm
MaresAzulados says...

Oh.My.God.

I read it too, but in Spanish. I'm puertorrican, so the book in Spanish is Tr3s... That book's awesome!
Scipio: Do you know what happens here after dark? Things little eyes should never, ever see.
Bo: We're not scared.
Scipio: Not scared? Well, aren't you the little tiger? RAWR!

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:14 pm
phantom_blackfire_wings says...

Yes, if you want to not be able to put down a book, Ted Dekker is your man. You should read Skin. It really makes you think. The Cirlce Trilogy was really good to, as was Blink, and Adam. I adored Adam.

~
Risa
"What are you doing?"
"I've got paint and rollers...water sking"~The Philanthropist

Don't push the Red Button

13 Reviews

Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:15 pm
MaresAzulados says...

Oh gosh, I didn't know there was a movie! I have to see it...
Scipio: Do you know what happens here after dark? Things little eyes should never, ever see.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:55 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

The movie is definitely not as good as the book - I had to sleep with the light on when I read the book - but it's a decent movie. :)

And I agree, Thr3e is awesome.
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

17 Reviews

Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:50 am

MaresAzulados wrote:Oh.My.God.

I read it too, but in Spanish. I'm puertorrican, so the book in Spanish is Tr3s... That book's awesome!

Woaww that is so cool... someone to talk to about Thr3e!! Plus, I'v never met anyone puertorrican before... :wink:
The book (Thr3e I mean, or Tr3s, in your case) is awesome. In fact, almost all of Ted Dekker's works are awesome... they start compelling and intriguing, escalating to an eyebrow-raising level of suspense and conflict, and then... BANG! They blow you away with a jaw-dropping climax, revealing a brilliant plot twist that you will be thinking about for days... Ted Dekker just writes, really, really exciting stories.
So... yeah, anyway... nice to meet ya...
:smt020

-Runes (M.E.)
They say the eyes
Are windows to the soul
I say the earth
The sky
The moon
All of these
Are windows
To you

13 Reviews

Fri May 01, 2009 12:37 pm
MaresAzulados says...

Some other book that someone likes?

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Sun May 03, 2009 12:42 am
Krupp says...

Ted Dekker is one of a handful of Christian writers who actually is respectable. I appreciate Three because it isn't trying to shove the whole Christianity thing down your throat; that is a problem with many Christian writers, because they're trying to deliver their message...the problem with that is that they get too caught up in trying to deliver the message, rather than tell a great story.

Fortunately, Ted doesn't do that, and he justifies himself as an excellent writer because of it. He's the kind of writer I aspire to be like in the future; though I must admit, I'll probably take it a step further than he did, even.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

17 Reviews

Sun May 03, 2009 5:07 am

Krupp wrote:Ted Dekker is one of a handful of Christian writers who actually is respectable. I appreciate Three because it isn't trying to shove the whole Christianity thing down your throat; that is a problem with many Christian writers, because they're trying to deliver their message...the problem with that is that they get too caught up in trying to deliver the message, rather than tell a great story.

Fortunately, Ted doesn't do that, and he justifies himself as an excellent writer because of it. He's the kind of writer I aspire to be like in the future; though I must admit, I'll probably take it a step further than he did, even.

Yeah well I'm christian but I agree... it had some cool themes of darkness and light and stuff, but it wasn't christian to the point of cheesiness.

Ted Dekker IS excellent.
They say the eyes
Are windows to the soul
I say the earth
The sky
The moon
All of these
Are windows
To you

17 Reviews

Thu May 07, 2009 11:43 pm

lyrical_sunshine wrote:The movie is definitely not as good as the book - I had to sleep with the light on when I read the book - but it's a decent movie. :)

And I agree, Thr3e is awesome.

Yeah, everybody says that. Thats why I haven't seen the movie yet. (I plan to, but I just don't feel that motivated to.)
They say the eyes
Are windows to the soul
I say the earth
The sky
The moon
All of these
Are windows
To you

13 Reviews

Fri May 08, 2009 3:29 pm
MaresAzulados says...

I want to see it!

Half the work that is done in this world is to make things appear what they are not.
— Elias Root Beadle