Reviews: 58
Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:44 am
Tassen Spellbinder says...

[green]
Book 1- Amber and Ashes
Book 2- Amber and Iron
Book 3- Amber and Blood

8.7/10, overall.
This trilogy follows the illustrious Mina from the War of Souls trilogy by Weiss and Hickman. All in all, I was spellbound. The entire concept of the underlying plot concerning Mina, which I refuse to spoil, is not only thought-provoking, but masterfully crafted, as are the characters. [spoiler] The descrepancies with the Pantheon of Kryrnn as created in the War of Souls trilogy are not *completely* resolved-
most particularly, what will become of Paladine, now known as the Walking God- they are left open intentionally, I believe. [/spoiler]Most interesting are the characters that the story chooses to follow. Gods, monks, and a Kender that does Tasselhoff Burrfoot (sp?) proud, albiet in a much different way than Tas. The Pantheon is given a brilliant examination, I think. I haven't seen this much of the dieties of Krynn, nor their immortal intrigue, in such an interesting manner for awhile, which, with the amount of Dragonlance I consume, is saying something.

Quite frankly, I loved the trilogy. All the glory that readers come to expect from the duo of Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman, but with half the authors. Brilliant work, Weiss.

All of you reading this, go read the trilogy. Now. The power of Mina compells you.
[/green]
It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen. - George Orwell, 1984

Where in the world is Enoch Root?

I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones.
— John Cage