z

Young Writers Society

The Great Shark Hunt: The Gonzo Papers Vol. 1

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:09 pm
Krupp says...

Anyone who knows me knows that Thompson has influenced the way I write for the last few years of my life. Without his influence, I'm sure that my writing would not have the spark it carries now. With that said, he was not just known for his books Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas or The Rum Diary; he was a infamous journalist who got on the nerves of a lot of people. The Great Shark Hunt is the first book of three that documents the papers and stories he wrote and pursued during his journalism career. I highly recommend this book, even if you're not interested in journalism, if only because Hunter has some wild tales to go along with his journalism. His style of writing is unique, and ultimately irresistable. The best work in this book (in my opinion) is "The Kentucky Derby is Decandent and Depraved" and it is just an example of the wit and shock that Hunter can send through his stories. Don't even just take my word for this; go out and find the book and read it. You won't be dissappointed.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
— Chandler Bing