Young Writers Society

Lord of The Rings or Harry Potter?

802 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 802
Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:00 am
Dracula says...

POTTER!
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. I got depressed because I thought Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.
-Demetri Martin

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:05 am
Gravity says...

harry potter
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:15 am
TimmyJake says...

As far as the books go, I'm for LOTR all the way - even if I don't particularly like reading the books, as they're a bit dry. He didn't construct just a story. He built a world. If you look up the histories behind his writings, how much he built onto his books, and just layers upon layers of plot in his novel, there's no contest between who has the best story. Would I prefer to read the Harry Potter books? Yes, I would. They're more enjoyable to read, I think. But Lord of the Rings has my vote, because there's so much more of everything.

The movies, it's a hard choice. >> Because I love both so much. I might say it's the Harry Potter movies, because they're seem a bit more personal and up close to the characters, as well as having one of my fave female characters of all. But the movies of LOTR are so amazing, so well done, and gosh, I love those horses and intense action scenes. Can't you hear the horns of Rohan coming in for the charge? So perhaps the movies have my vote, too. There's just so much... more.
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

Reviews: 1
Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:02 am
OliverWilliams says...

LotR has more indepth world-building, the dude invented a whole language and world history!

That said, Potter wins hands down for me.
Follow me on Twitter :D @TheOllieJames

But even the worst decisions we make don't necessarily remove us from the circle of humanity.
— Wes Moore, The Other Wes Moore