z

Young Writers Society

Unwind

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:37 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

I loved this book. I'm usually a little wary of sci-fi, because I feel like it's all been done before and the characters start to become a little cliche. But this book rocked my world. My sister told me it was great, and since she's a fan of The Clique and Gossip Girl, I wasn't quite convinced. But it really is awesome.

It's the story of a world in the not-so-distant future in which it is legal to "unwind" unwanted teens between the ages of 13 and 18. In other words, their body parts are given to others in desperate need of surgeries. Every single part of the Unwind must be used, including skin and brain matter. The novel follows three Unwinds - Risa, Connor and Lev - who decided they'd rather live. The challenge is trying to survive on their own until they are 18...without being found and unwound anyway.

Go read it. :)
Last edited by lyrical_sunshine on Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:40 pm
OverEasy says...

I enjoyed it as well, though not one of my favorites it was interesting.

The concept is pretty great, I have to admit.
Life is for living.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:44 pm
gamechanger10 says...

Oh, yeah. That was a great book.
"The difference between the right word and almost the right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug." -Mark Twain

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:32 pm
CreativeFreak says...

Loved it! All i can say.(not really)

It was a fantastic book. I loved the ending when Connor...Well i wouldn't want to spoil it. But i just loved the ending anyway!
Thought the way it was written was different, not really used to that, but to tell you the truth it worked amazingly well!
Write on.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:33 pm
MaresAzulados says...

Oh, silly me...

I thought you guys were talking about Everwind. Also by Neal.

But I guess I was wrong. It had to be wrong because the book comes out on November.

Anyway, I think it's a triology, or something. I have the first book, and now the second's about to come out...

My mistake...

:oops:
Scipio: Do you know what happens here after dark? Things little eyes should never, ever see.
Bo: We're not scared.
Scipio: Not scared? Well, aren't you the little tiger? RAWR!

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:49 pm
wolf4 says...

This book really caught my eye when I saw it in the bookstore and I knew I just had to get it. I absolutly loved it! It was just so original and unique. One fo my friends who usually doesn't read sci-fi loved it as well.
Don't follow in my footsteps. I run into walls.

Sometimes, it's best not to question your friends. Just help them dump the body into the river.

Even if the voices aren't real, they have pretty good ideas.

Writing isn't an excuse for insanity. It's a reason.

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:41 am
Shadowhunter14 says...

I really liked Unwind too, my friend recommended it to me. They're making a movie too, which I hope they'll do properly because if they don't they'll absolutely ruin it which would suck! :O

We all share half a braincell that bounces like a windows screensaver
— WeepingWisteria