Stranger in a Strange Land

Random avatar

Reviews: 38
Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:22 am
Squishy says...

stranger in a strange land isn't just a bunch of "philosophical fluff"

have you even attempted to read "zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance?"

or "brave new world"

idiots ( no offense) but if you don't understand it, don't say its the worst book you ever read
"All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world. "

"No, that's perfectly normal paranoia. Everyone in the universe gets that."

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:58 am
Trikky says...

Ah! I just read it in December and it was AMAZING! I found the aliens not quite as philosophical as Slaughterhouse 5's Trafalmadorians, but they were still pretty cool, with their concept of art as devouring the soul of the artist (and then that guy that "died" halfway through his masterpiece?). However, I thought it was more of a feminist piece, the way it showed the errors of the 50's with the scenes with Jubal Harshaw and his assistants who are all characterized by their haircolor at first and then grow to have much more distinct personalities... the end was a bit of a let-down though. I thought he'd end it more creatively, but maybe that sort of ending was new back then? Now it just seems a little overused.

Hehe... sorry if this is a little late... i haven't been on the site for awhile ^^;
"God is dead." -Nietzsche
"Nietzsche is dead." -God

No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.
— W. A. Nance