z

Young Writers Society

Thursday Next Series: The Eyre Affair, Lost in a good book..

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:30 pm
Ducati says...

These books are great for anyone who loves reading and writing and well, books!

Summary of the Eyre affair (extract from http://www.allreaders.com/Topics/info_11533.asp)
In 1985 time travel and cloning are a consistent part of life. In Britain, English literature has become so in vogue, original manuscripts are quite valuable. Just ask any of the zillion Williams, Charles, or Miltons. Acheron Hades, currently ranked as the third most wanted man in the world, wants to move up to numero uno. He steals the original manuscript of Dickens' Martin Chuzzlewit and “kills” off a secondary character by erasing him from the first book. All subsequent copies of the novel no longer contain that character because he does not “exist” in the pre-printed prototype.

This book and the follow series are books that could truely be described as surreal. They travel into fiction and you just have to accept it, not ask questions and enjoy the ride. So clever and full of injokes without being pretentious.

I highly recomend them to absolutely anyone on this site. I don't usually laugh during books, but I have laughed serveral times reading these.

Go out and get them!

Wist is Ley's mind, confirmed
— WeepingWisteria