z

Young Writers Society

Jinx

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:58 pm
Night Mistress says...

Has anyone esle read this book? It was a good read. I enjoyed it.

here's the summary of it:

The only thing Jean Honeychurch hates more than her boring name (not Jean Marie, or Jeanette, just . . . Jean) is her all-too-appropriate nickname, Jinx. Misfor-tune seems to follow her everywhere she goes—which is why she's thrilled to be moving in with her aunt and uncle in New York City. Maybe when she's halfway across the country, Jinx can finally outrun her bad luck. Or at least escape the havoc she's caused back in her small hometown.

But trouble has definitely followed Jinx to New York. And it's causing big problems for her cousin Tory, who is not happy to have the family black sheep around. Beautiful, glamorous Tory is hiding a dangerous secret—one that she's sure Jinx is going to reveal.

Jinx is beginning to realize it isn't just bad luck she's been running from. It's something far more sinister . . . and the curse Jinx has lived under since the day she was born might just be the only thing that can save her life.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:59 pm
EmmaJ says...

I am a big Meg Cabot fan and I have read alot of her stuff (apart form the princess diaries) and I saw this book in the book shop the other day and I did not know wether to buy it, but I think if it is worth writing a review about, i might give it a go.
Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop. - the king from alice in wonderland.
We'er all mad here.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:32 pm
Night Mistress says...

It's quite good. I have to say that is one of the one i would read by her, exculding the Mediator series.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:09 am
queenb4ever says...

that is the only meg cabot book i have ever read. It was actually good, which I wasn't expecting. I was reluctant because I thought it would be another stupid realistic fiction. Jinx wasn't though. It was a strong story line and had magic in it. The book actually could have had a sequel. If you haven't read it do! :D
Yum=Chinese Food

529 Reviews

Reviews: 529
Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:50 pm
xDudettex says...

Hey =]

I really enjoyed 'Jinx' too! Like 'queenb4ever,' it's the only Meg Cabot book I've ever read, but after reading 'Jinx' a couple of months ago, I'd definitely consider reading another of her books. 'Air head,' doesn't look that bad.

xDudettex :D
'Stop wishing for the sunshine. Start living in the rain.' - Kids In Glass Houses.

'Would you destroy something perfect in order to make it beautiful?' - MCR artwork.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:43 pm
queenb4ever says...

Oh to dudette air head got an award, I people tell me I should read it.
Yum=Chinese Food

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:56 am
LolitaRose says...

I saw this the other day, and decided to pick it up for a light read. It turned out to be pretty good, since to tell the truth, I don't enjoy Meg Cabot books too much. I really enjoyed the characters involved in it, since I found myself actually rooting for Jinx, which I haven't done for a character in a long time.

Plus the girl on the front cover is rather pretty. ^.^
no second thoughts, the knife is nearing
you'll never hear the little pitter patter pitter patter

When something is broken, it can be fixed.
— Benjamin Alire Saenz, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe