z

Young Writers Society

What is the Best Book you have read...

Reviews: 4
Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:45 am
Brea says...

My favourite books would have to be...Maximum Ride by (I can't really remember) :oops: So much for me being a die hard fan...and White Crane by Sandy Fussel.

Well all of Sandy Fussells Samuri Kids books. :)

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:19 am
rachelH2O says...

Hippie wrote:1. The Hunger Games series - Suzanne Collins (most unputdownable books ever)

Hah, this is so true. When I bought the first one I got so absorbed that I read it through the night and finished it within a day.
"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping."
— Fred Rogers

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:03 pm
midnightread says...

The best book I have ever read isn't really a book, its a series of books.
Its a old series that my dad read when he was younger and he thought I would enjoy them.
The series is called The Belgariad by David Eddings.
Like I said its and old series and it probably isn't for all as its a mix of fantasy and adventure.
If you need a good read then I would recommend them. :elephant:
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
A wise man does not need advice and a fool won't take it.

Growing old is mandatory,
Growing up is optional.

Rugby is a thugs game played by gentle men,
Football is a gentleman's game played by thugs.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri May 28, 2010 2:18 am
darkangel_05 says...

I have this favorite books:

The Facts And Fictions Of Minna Pratt - Patricia MacLachlan
The Westing Game - Ellen Raskin

Others:
Forbidden Friendship
A Lion to Guard Us
Number the Stars

...and the famous Harry Potter series. :D
Sometimes B sharp,
Never B flat,
Always B natural.

I love writing songs and listening to music and books and daydreaming and coffee at five in the morning.

Reviews: 1
Fri May 28, 2010 6:15 am
Maha says...

There are tons of them for me, but I'd like to point out a few of them.
The Harry Potter series
The Da Vinci code
A child called IT
Still Alice
Lord of the Rings
The talisman
The lost Symbol etc etc etc

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:20 am
talkingbird says...

LindseyBrooke wrote:Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. It may not have been the best writing one might have seen, but the story is so touching. It's a depressing book, but Jay Asher really understands what teenage girls go through. It's just amazing. I absolutely loved it. =]

I totally agree! I love the ending where he becomes friends with that other girl, very touching.
"I am still so naive;
I know pretty much what I like and dislike;
But please, don't ask me who I am. A passionate, fragmentary girl, maybe?

-Sylvia Plath

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:36 pm
LadyPurple says...

I honestly can't choose between the books I liked best. Well maybe Eon: dragon eye reborn by Allison Goodman. That or every book of maximum ride by James Patterson including Fang. One book that really inspired me was Prophecy of the stones by Flavia Bujour (get this, Flavia was fifteen when she published the book.)
Um... Deltora Quest by Emily Rodda was a good series.
The Thief lord, Dragon rider, and the Inkheart series that I'm going to finish reading later on all by Cornelia Funke.
Tara by me? Just kidding!
There are many more that I can't remember at the moment. But belive me, In the middle of the night I'll sit up in bed like "I remember now!"
You're new? Great seas! Why haven't you gone to the Buddy System yet?

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:27 am
Valteria says...

I am not fascinated by the shallow, cliche novels I often encounter in the Young Adult section of the bookstore. The whole boyfriend-themed, fashionista, drama queen, high school is a huge pain that fills the shelves do not interest me.

However, I do enjoy intense, heartfelt, unique plotline novels such as:

Ender's Game- Orson Scott Card
The Outsiders- S.E. Hinton
Skate- Michael Harmon
Dreamland- Sarah Dessen

11 Reviews

Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:11 pm
rygel says...

For me choosing the best book i've read is difficult since I have read alot of books, but off the top of my head I would have to say The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. I don't know why I just kept reading and reading, wanting to get to the end and read what happens to the characters (which were great) at the end.

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:35 pm
Lauren2010 says...

The Book Theif by Markus Zusak. Hands down best book I've ever read.
Got YWS?

Reviews: 1
Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:57 am
mikaylakk25 says...

In like sixth grade I read a book called "Hanging On To Max" by margaret bechard. After reading that book I loved it, but I could never understand why. I recommend reading it.
Yes, I love him. Yes, I can never have him. Yes, I don't care.
Love can't be controlled.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:20 pm
Hibiscus says...

The best book I have ever read I have a completely worn out copy of it in my bedroom. I made two friends read it and my Freshman English teacher.
The book is called, "You Don't Know Me" by David Klass.
It's probably not one of the most beautiful books ever written, but to me... the writing style is so unique. The point of view is a 15 year old boy in a high school life, and although the theme of it is very sad, there are so very humorous points. It's a very intriguing book. One you don't get too many lessons from, I suppose, but one you can just enjoy reading. It's a story. It's a life. It's something that I really found I could be drawn to it, because it was good.
It's probably a very strange book, because of the particular character development of the main character. And I've read it so many times. There are other books I have read that I have an enjoyed and would call my favorite, but this is my absolute favorite.
I'd reaaaaaaaaally recommend it.

11 Reviews

Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:21 am
LibbyLovesDrums says...

Has to be Crank- Ellen Hopkins.<3
“I'm gonna be a superstar musician, kill myself and go out in a flame of glory, just ike Jimi Hendrix"-Kurt Cobain<3

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:07 pm
spiderman says...

W1ldF1r3 wrote:4. The Cherub series, not sure how many people have read it but I think it is great.

I think its great too. I can't choose a favorite, but why has none said "Enders Shadow" :)
Despite the lies that you're making
Your love is mine for the taking
My love is just waiting
To clothe you in crimson roses

WHISPERS IN THE DARK LYRICS - SKILLET

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:35 pm
blackbird12 says...

The best book I have ever read is Beloved by Toni Morrison. Even today, years later, the praise for that novel is gigantic, but it even exceeds those high expectations. It's nothing short of a masterpiece. Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy is a close second, followed by The Hours by Michael Cunningham. Brilliant works from brilliant authors, each with a powerful, distinctive voice.
If I had wings, I would have opened them.
I would have risen from the ground.

-Mary Oliver

"You, who have all the passion for life that I have not? You, who can love and hate with a violence impossible to me? Why you are as elemental as fire and wind and wild things..."
— Gone With the Wind