Reviews: 43
Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:07 pm
Medusa says...

I decided that one flew over the cuckoos nest is the best

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:54 pm
oneeyedunicornhunter says...

*sigh* It's so lonely being a Dune fan...I have yet to find another on this site. Anyway, Dune (by Frank Herbert) is definitely my favorite. But the first four of the *classic* (it's important to specify that, because Brian Herbert [Frank's son] and Kevin J. Anderson completely mutilated Dune with their prequels) are the uber-fantastic ones. I really can't pick a favorite out of them.

So that's my two cents: Dune, Dune Messiah, Children of Dune, and God Emperor of Dune.
Am I a one eyed hunter of unicorns or a hunter of one eyed unicorns? The world may never know.

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:23 pm
Master_Yoda says...

Hey oneeyedunicornhunter,

You're not alone in being a Dune fan. I have only read Dune, Dune Messiah, and Children of Dune, but I really did enjoy all of them. While they're not my favourite books of all time, I definitely feel that they are worth noting as some of the great classic Science Fiction books.

Have a good one! ;)

Random avatar

Reviews: 38
Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:18 am
Squishy says...

stranger in a strange land by heinlind..... READ IT!!!

and i can't believe im about to say it please don't shoot me and please don't mock me ahhhh i almost cant do it... twilight series

(runs for cover)

Little Women, louisa may alcot

1984 didn't do much for me... sorry all you fans

the uglies series and

last but not least

zen and the art of motorcycle maintnance (persig) and the power of one( some guy)
"All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world. "

"No, that's perfectly normal paranoia. Everyone in the universe gets that."

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:34 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

I like the Sword of Truth series, but I've only read the first two books. I love it that they're loooong. I'll have to check out these other books. I like Little Women, too. I like the Uglies series, but I'll have to read 1984. I like the Twilight series, as well, but not as much as Sword of Truth. The first book is Wizard's First Rule if anyone would like to read it. :D
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:59 pm
Incognito says...

My favourite books would have to be 'Interview with the Vampire' By Ann Rice and I also really enjoyed 'The Book Theif' by Marcus Zusak.

I found 'Interview with the Vampire' spectacular and beautifly written. Ann Rice certainly is an amazing author. The rest of the Vampire Chronicles were alright but the first I would have to say was the best. Louie had amazing character and had views unimagined. It covered things that many writers wouldn't do and you could tell Ann Rice wasn't afraid of telling her view of the vampires. It has the traditional vampire feel to it and Twilight seems like nothing compared to this story. I really do recommend it a lot.

And 'The Book Theif' was just an awesome read and had a very enjoyable plot line.

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:11 pm
Blink says...

Haruno Sakura wrote:
Blink wrote:1984, by George Orwell. I'm a little obsessed about this book at the moment, but it's simply incredible. Like, wow.

And The Book Thief (Marcus Zusak) and The Lord of the Rings (Tolkien), of course.

Oh my gosh! You have the exact same favorite books as me! Like no one at my school has heard of the first two and it's sooooo depressing.

Lol, it's the same for me.

They are so underrated, which is a shame, really.
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:06 pm
cassie17 says...

Ha, oh my god, I love like all the ones mentioned...

1984, Book Thief (this book is amazing) and I really really love the A Great and Terrible Beauty Series...this is one of the only series I've read that actually invokes fear and chills me, literally...beautifully written, with pungent and deep human emotions. I also really love Harry Potter and the Hunger Games, as well as one called The New Policeman.

--Cassie
"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain

I am hopelessly addicted to Disney music from the classic animated films.

"In a world of my own, everyone would have a dozen bluebirds."

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:44 pm
Antigone Cadmus says...

I love the Gemma Doyle Trilogy ^^.
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:47 pm
Night Mistress says...

I love the Gemma Doyle trilogy, too.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:41 am
SeleneForeverDream says...

I love them, too! :)
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:37 pm
Lost_in_dreamland says...

Wuthering Heights of course :D
What can I say... Emily Bronte is my deity :lol:
I adore her.
Gosh, there's so many
Villette by Charlotte Bronte
-Hardly anyone likes it as much as Jane Eyre but I adore it :D

I'm kind of a complete nerd. I adore philosophers and their books and I'm proud to admit that I'm one of the few people (definitely of my age) that actually understand the theories involved :D

I adore Jung his 'autobiography/biography' :lol: is great.
No, actually I shall not go into philosophers or you shall grow bored of my vast lists.

Tess of The D'Urbervilles

Wuthering Heights

erm

Wuthering Heights

Wuthering Heights

Wuthering Heights

hahahha :lol: I do adore that book though.

Another one I like... the spelling of his name escapes me but it started with an
Niet I think :lol:

-I have a terrible memory.

Actually I better shut up now.

My favourite book

---- Classics - any classic at all

-----Philosophy - any :D

What can I say... ?

-Kirsten :D
for what are we without words and stories?

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:35 pm
Stori says...

Tailchaser's Song ftw! This book is awesome; it's my favorite in the feline fantasy tradition.

261 Reviews

Reviews: 261
Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:25 am
KnightlyAngel09 says...

Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. I love the story. I love how he portrays society and certain subject such as justice and morality. I love his characters. His characters are masterpieces already... Especially Enjolras and Javert(though he's utterly insane with justice).

Other books I'm in love with

1. The Chronicles of Prydain by Lloyd Alexander
2. Persuasion by Jane Austen
3. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
4. A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court by Mark Twain
5. Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote

I love the Classics. But I'm into fantasy stuff as well and the Chronicles of Prydain is my fave fantasy series. along with Narnia.:)
All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you.:)

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:33 pm
LilyJamey says...

Kirsten! I will so totally kill you for saying nobody likes Jane Eyre. It's one of the best books ever written!

A fellow Les Miserables fan. At last. I like reading about Eponine. She's cool. :p

Jane Austen is brilliant. As is JK Rowling.

Fave books would include (not in that order and excepting the aforementioned!):
1. The Elijah Baley Series - Isaac Asimov
2. Foundation Series - Isaac Asimov
3. The Complete Works Of William Shakespeare, which I have just bought for roughly $5.50. USD.
4. The Phantom of The Opera - Gaston Leroux (we have to read a lousy abridged version for school)
5. Kurt Vonnegut stuff.

There're loads more, but I can't think of any at the moment. So yeah, that'll be all for now.
Got YWS?

I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.
— Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest