z

Young Writers Society

The Hunger Games

Random avatar

Reviews: 150
Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:35 am
200397 says...

I have been waiting to read this book for ages! And now the sequel's out so I have to read that one first before I read the other one! *starts feeling the pressure and hyperventilates* :lol: I hope it's really as good as you all say it is. :wink:

~Sunny

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:53 pm
Chloe(: says...

I read the first chapter on the website, and it seems great! Off to the library!
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:24 pm
drawakangaroo says...

I love this book. It's one of the best I have read in a long time. The plot is completely original, the characters are unique, and it's just an all-around great book. However, I absolutely hated the ending. I was literally crying after I finished the book, because the ending was so horrible. I found out a few days later that there would be a sequel, and that made me a little less angry.

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:29 pm
Hippie says...

This is the best book I've ever read, hands down. It made me cry for the first time in 5 years.
Q: Where do you go to buy shoes?

A: At the shoez canal, lol.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:55 pm
StellaThomas says...

Haha! *laughs manically*

It's not September but for some reason I have the second book and OMG... I got the second one in England and read it in one day in the car- and I never read in the car. Completely hooked. And the second one.... eeeh!

Simply, I recommend them to anyone. There's action and sorta sci-fi and romance and a very good portrait of humans in there. So good.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

197 Reviews

Reviews: 197
Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:27 pm
Jetpack says...

The second one's out here, in England? Why do I never keep track of these things? *rushes off to Google*

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:05 pm
Cotton says...

Yup. It's out. It wasn't supposed to be out - according to waterstones.com, anyway - until the 7th September. But I went in yesterday with my fellow bookworm friend and it was there, on the shelf. :o :o :o !!! Unfortunately, I got very distracted by The Time Traveler's Wife (we saw the film yesterday as well) which is also very good, by the way, so I didn't finish it until a couple of hours ago. But still amazing! Catching Fire is quite different to The Hunger Games, but from about halfway through it has the same I-cannot-put-this-book-down-oh-dear-lord-what-can-POSSIBLY-happen-next??? quality of the first one. Woohoo Suzanne Collins for writing such a great sequel!
Here's a story of a brother by the name of Othello,
He liked white women and he liked - green jello... - Reduced Shakespeare Company

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:16 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

xD My journalism teacher has this on display in his window, and since I can never get this book at the library, I'm thinking of asking of borrowing it. Why won't my school library open, dangit! Stock those new books so I can read!
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:33 pm
wolf4 says...

September 1st... so close...

Ok, here's my plan for reading Catching Fire: since it comes out on a Tuesday and my week is too busy for me to really sit down and read it, I'm going to wait until Friday night and read it in one sitting!

I can't wait!!!
Don't follow in my footsteps. I run into walls.

Sometimes, it's best not to question your friends. Just help them dump the body into the river.

Even if the voices aren't real, they have pretty good ideas.

Writing isn't an excuse for insanity. It's a reason.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:58 pm
HostofHorus says...

Loved it! A lot of people recommended it to me, so I tried it out, and I am pleased to announce it moved onto my favorites shelf!
HostofHorus Author, Poet, Dreamer, and Expressionist.
http://JRSStories.com
Stories Poems © As of January 1st 2014

Need a review? Feel free to ask me! :)

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:17 pm
Merlin34 says...

I was reading the second the UPS man delivered it. FREAKING. AWESOME.
http://maxhelmberger.com/
Advice on writing, funny articles, and more.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:53 am
aslan_radish24 says...

This is probably a little late, since all of these posts seem to be from a few years ago, from before catching fire came out, but the ending of CF was incredible! i mean, WORST CLIFF HANGER EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 and i mean that as in the best cliff hanger ever. mockingjay was also completely insane! best series ever! i exaggerate, but really, they are very excellent. i am sorry. i just wanted someone to know how i feel. thanks for patience, if anyone ever reads this, because i found this post in an obscure, like 42nd page of my search for HGames, but i am with all you fans out there!
Hellodilly-odilly, there!
Enjoy your time in cyberspace, creatures of the dark.
Certain levels of hypocrisy (redbird gets it).

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:52 pm
greenwitch94 says...

i love this book series!!!!
i cant wait to read mockingjay!!! :!: :!: :!:

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:06 pm
Ktg17 says...

I love the Hunger Games too! Did you guys know that there is a page about the Hunger Games? It's really cool, and there is even a discussion going on where it's like a virtual HG and you are one of the tributes! It's lots of fun, and you can still join! It just counts as a late reaping! You can PM me or Sionarama for more information. Come join!
Even if you see in black and white, think in color...

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:54 pm
XxMattxX says...

Hunger Games was a wonderful book...
excuse me.. THE wonderful book
Solvalery/GeeLyria Fans
Link

Be steadfast as a tower that doth not bend its stately summit to the tempest’s shock.
— Dante Alighieri