z

Young Writers Society

The Hunger Games

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:38 am
thunder_dude7 says...

The Hunger Games is one of the best books I've read. I don't say that lightly.

It all starts in a post apocolyptic world where food is scarce. As a result, a boy and a girl from each "district" between the ages of 12 and 18 must go to the hunger games. In the hunger games, there is a fight to the death battle, so only one person is left alive.

When Katniss's little sister is chosen, she decides to compete in her sister's place. Katniss and the boy that was chosen are on their way to the games when he reveals...he is in love with her. However, remember that there can only be one survivor of the hunger games.

It's a really good book, and I'm eager for the sequal.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:34 am
Firestar says...

I really enjoyed it too. I can't wait for the next one!!
Admiration: Our polite recognition of another's resemblance to ourselves.

Dopeler Effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

Confidence: the feeling a person has before he fully understands the situation.

Shin: A device for finding furniture in the dark.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:29 am
Miss Slade says...

Isn't the boy's name Peeta? *goes off into book, digs under mounds of junk until she locates it...* Yuppers, his name is Peeta and he is the baker's son there for, Peeta... like Peeta Bread! XD

But yeah, over all the book is amazing. Can't wait 'till the sequel because this book is one of the few I actually stick with!
You Cry, I Cry.
You Laugh, I Laugh.
You Jump Off Of A Cliff,
I Laugh... Even Harder.

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:30 am
Juniper says...

"Peeta bread" is spelled "Pita" bread, silly slade xD.
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:32 am
Miss Slade says...

ewwers... Well it should be a known fact that Miss Slade can't spell worth beans, plus it is like 1 in the morning here so yeah... My Spelling Sucks Many Muffins
You Cry, I Cry.
You Laugh, I Laugh.
You Jump Off Of A Cliff,
I Laugh... Even Harder.

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:51 am
thunder_dude7 says...

Yes, it's Peeta. But it's pronounced the same. I think so, at least.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:43 am
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

I looked it up on amazon and now I have to read it. Danggit thunder.
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:32 am
JosephDean says...

I just finished it last night after a good two-day read. Lol. It is fantastic, and like Thunder, I don't say that about a lot of books. It keeps you guessing, and it's impossible to put it down. Next September needs to get here.... now.... lol. I need the sequel.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:36 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

*gasps*

Just finished this book. Loved it. Stayed up until 1 to finish it, even though I had church the next morning. Literally yelped when it ended. "Noooo, Suzanne Collins! You cannot DO this to me!"

Loved it. Loveditloveditlovedit. It's up there with my top ten favorite books now - which is saying something.
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:15 am
Seraphania says...

I haven't read this yet, but I'm a huge fan of Collin's other series, The Underland Chronicles. I'd suggest you read them as well; they're really good.

http://www.hungergamestrilogy.com

That's the Unofficial forums. I'm a member. ^^
Novel Wordcount: 58,001 words

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:09 am
wolf4 says...

The Hunger Games is SO one of the best books I've ever read! After reading it, I could not pick up another book because I couldn't stop thinking about it. When I saw the words "to be continued..." I almost screamed because I was so happy. Unfortunently, most of my freinds thought it sounded weird when I told them about this book ("OMG! OMG! YOU HAVE GOT TO READ THIS BOOK! IT WAS SOOOOO AMAZING!!!!") No wonder they thought it was weird with me bouncing around them going compleatly out of my mind. Nonetheless, I loved it and that's what matters.
Don't follow in my footsteps. I run into walls.

Sometimes, it's best not to question your friends. Just help them dump the body into the river.

Even if the voices aren't real, they have pretty good ideas.

Writing isn't an excuse for insanity. It's a reason.

Random avatar

Reviews: 15
Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:09 pm
Horserider says...

Hunger Games was awesome! I admit there were parts where I wanted to slap Katniss, but the story overall was great. It was written in present tense which is a little weird if you're not used to it like me. I was so mad when I found out Catching Fire doesn't come out until September and I'm very, very, very jealous of those lucky people that managed to snag the ARCs (Advance Reading Copies) for it. :D

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:39 am
Phantomofthebasket says...

Well, when I picked it up at the library, it sounded interesting so I got it.
It was interesting, no doubt about that, and a good read. I just didn't think it was amazing. Knowing me, I'll probably get the next book (and by get, I mean from the library), however, I wouldn't go out and buy it.

it had some amazing parts. The ending was most definitely my favorite when they both threatened to swallow those poisonous berries...
Phantom's Contest Basket <--Make me happy and join my contest! Due date: August 15th!
Phantom's Reviewing Basket <--Need a review? Go here and ask!

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:31 am
Jordan Lacroix says...

I read this book a couple of months ago but I enjoyed it very much, but the ending pissed me off, "To be continued!" Ended too quick for me. Yeah I thought maybe I would be able to read the next book but then I figured out it wouldn't come until this fall! So damn, now I have to wait, but I cannot stop thinking about the parts at the Hunger Games, it was so exciting and chilling! Great book for sure.
"Love can be seen even through the darkest of times" - The Spiteful Figure.

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:41 am
Sleeping Valor says...

*nods*

I loved it. My friends read it (even though she doesn't usually read these types of books) and recommended I read it. It's a good read and I found it quite original, which is something you don't always find in new books because so many ideas are already out there. ^_^ Good stuff. I actually bought it and I'm waiting for the sequel to come out. (but I'll be in Quebec o.O! I'll get my sister to buy it for me)

^_^ Keek!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

Poetry lies its way to the truth.
— John Ciardi