z

Young Writers Society

Inkheart, Inkspell, and, soon to be released, Inkdeath

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:42 am
Lethero says...

The Inkheart series by German writer Cornelia Funke writer of Dragon Rider, Theif Lord, and many other captivating stories. What is your opinion on this story and what do you anticipate to happen in Inkdeath. (If you wish to mention something in the story that would give it away to a person who hasn't read it yet please put it in a spoiler.)
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:56 am
ankhirke says...

OMG YES.

I just started reading Inkheart and OMG YEEEEESSSSSS.

Can you tell I like it?

Course I'm partial to books about book lovers. Thirteenth Tale also became one of my favorites almost as soon as I started reading it. And come on, who of us has never wished that their favorite (or in this case, not-so-favorite) characters could come to life off the page? I think the whole "world in a book" is what attracted me to the Myst series as well.

And now I'm going to stop reading this thread, because I don't want anyone to ruin it!

~Annie

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:53 pm
Sunny says...

I've read Inkheart and it was really good. I haven't read Inkspell yet but I have it. :)

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:54 pm
Sunny says...

I've read Inkheart and it was really good. I haven't read Inkspell yet but I have it. :)

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:08 pm
StellaThomas says...

I got Inkdeath out of the school library. It was really funny because all the boys in my year and the year below were fighting over the two new copies of Brisingr in the new books cabinet and I saw Inkdeath and I'm like "OMG can I get that out?" The librarian got really excited and was like "Do you want to just read it or borrow it? I'll let you borrow it!"

But it's moving pretty slowly. I've set it down to get some reading for English work done, but that doesn't change the fact that it is moving... well, very slowly. Not bad, just slow. Maybe it will pick up as I read on.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:35 pm
Kaylyn says...

I want to know what happens to dustfinger and meggie and Resa so bAD. I wonder whats going to happen between the ttwo. I think that Inkdeath had already been realesed however and I need to get to a bookstore to buy it. I CANT WAIT TO READ IT>
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:10 am
WaterVyper says...

Ooh, definitely! I love Funke and I really want to learn German so I can read the originals! I've just got my copy of Inkdeath and I really want to read it but school exams are taking up all of my time. And there is one part I am so happy about in Inkspell. I think I have to call it a spoiler.

[spoiler]Basta's dead![/spoiler]

Ah yes, I am truly satisfied with that fact. But, the other death, not so much. And in Inkdeath, Funke said there would be 'another boy' between Farid and Meggie. I wonder what will happen...
Last edited by WaterVyper on Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:02 am
Inksplatter says...

I have read it, awhile ago to be exact.

The descriptions of the whispering rain have been over used, and it can get quote boring half way through.
Don't get me wrong, I love my dose of the Inkheart trilogy, it's just she had a great idea and plot, but she killed it by making the context boring to read. I actually made myself read it, I shouldn't have to do that, my eyes should rip at the books greedily.

*sigh*

If I saw the book on this website, I'd review it alot saying to liven it up, but it somehow got published. I have to give Cornelia some credit though, fantastic ideas and characters, not to mention it was translated from German which could of corrupted the grammar a little.

The boy between Farid & Meggie eh? 'Him' by name, and a hunk by site! Haha, only kidding.
It was a good read nevertheless! I'd like to read other books by Cornelia Funke :)
(Any normal person would think I was reviewing the book; *laugh*)

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:13 pm
TheWordsmith says...

I agree with others- all the books moved very slowly after you got a few (sixty, say) pages in. It was like she reached the climax and stood there... waiting... and waiting.... for something new to happen.

Not that something new didn't happen. I just thought she could have added more tension and speeded it up a bit more.
Bad spellars of the world, untie! - T-shirt

Join iSpy! Click here!

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:37 pm
Incognito says...

I have already read Inkdeath and I bought it on October 7th so it has been out for a while. With that series I would have to say that the series got better as it went on. I found Inkdeath was the best except that they strayed a bit away from Meggie and it was more about Mo. And the Climax does take a while to get into and plus there is a false climax then the real one. Inkdeath did get better as it went on and it was a really good series except for how slow the stories started. But once they did, they were hard to put down. Cornelia Funke is a great writer except she should porbably get the plot moving faster because that way people won't be so tendent to put the book down after a while.

Oh, and the boy inbetween Farid and Meggie added quite a bit of a dramtic effect and added some added sadness to the book.
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:33 pm
Kalliope says...

I've read all three of them in German and I thought they were amazing. The two that play in the Inkworld are a whole lot darker and all, but I just love the characters and how the concept of storytelling and stories itself becomes magic in the story.

It's a real dedication of love to books and reading.

Need I say more than that I love it?

Maybe that Cornelia Funke in general is amazing. Her shorter books are so cute and the ones like Dragonrider and Lord of the Thiefs that were already mentioned are simply amazing.

~Kalliope
If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there. - Lewis Carol (1832-98 )

Got YWS?

Chickens are honestly little dinosaurs. And they know it.
— ChieRynn