z

Young Writers Society

Lock and Key

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:36 pm
View Likes
PerforatedxHearts says...

Actually, anything is great by Sarah Dessen. The woman's an amazing writer, and she's one of my heroes. This is her latest book.

I think I liked Lock and Key. It was a fresh outlook from all the other books, I think. And there were a lot of good, quotable sections. She mastered the art of character in the book and in the rest of her books.

What did ya'll think about it?
"Video games don't affect kids. If Pacman had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music." --anonymous/banner.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:08 pm
View Likes
KailaMarie says...

I havent read it, but I LOVE her!!!! i really want to read this one, cuz I've liked all her other books.
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:46 am
alwaysawriter says...

I haven't read it but I'm playing on it. :)
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:44 am
Anijumper says...

I loved this book. It dealt with some heavy stuff, but the author did it extremely well. It also has a bit of a theme of holding on to the past in there, which is something I struggle with daily. Always trying to go back to the way things used to be and not appreciating what I have now (I think most people struggle with this at some point). Definitely planning on reading more books by Sarah Dessen in the future.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:04 pm
MaresAzulados says...

Read it. It's a great book...
Scipio: Do you know what happens here after dark? Things little eyes should never, ever see.
Bo: We're not scared.
Scipio: Not scared? Well, aren't you the little tiger? RAWR!

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:54 pm
Theodorable says...

I loved this book, I bought it before I even read it. I love her as a writer. This book is a little bit different than her others. I had a really heavy part, but I liked the characters and the writing.

I also liked how it didn't end in the cliche endind of most books. It ended really well, the only proper way for it to end.

Any way I'm going to go buy all of her books when I have to chance.
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:34 pm
TheReader22 says...

I loved it! I love all of her books (except I haven't read This Lullaby or Along for the Ride yet). I think all of her books have really strong messages and I can always pull a quote or two from the book!

For example, from Lock and a Key: "But I was sure of something, too: it’s a lot easier to be lost than found. It’s the reason we’re always searching, and rarely discovered-so many locks, not enough keys."

I think my favourite two of all her books are : Just Listen and The truth about forever!

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:32 pm
View Likes
Lilicia says...

I also loved this book! It was beautifully written. I haven't read any of her other books yet, but I'm planning to.
“Life itself is the most wonderful fairy tale.”

~Hans Christan Andersen

A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity.
— Franz Kafka