z

Young Writers Society

Breaking Dawn

Random avatar

Reviews: 125
Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:22 pm
SASSYLADY333 says...

Yes, some people liked it, others just plain hated it! I"m not here to argue, but I want people's opinions.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS!
"Show us, don't tell us!" They say, but sadly I realize I'm a storyteller. When I cross over and accept maturity, when I want to change then maybe I'll be willing to show people my prose and not tell them. As a writer I have to grow. :)

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:24 pm
Alice says...

I liked it!

Bella as a vampire was awesome! The vampire pregnancy thing was weird....And I think it was an unneccessary addition to a series, it ended nicely with Eclipse. But this tied up all the lose ends and gave it a happy ending that didn't leave me sobbing histericly so it got points for that.
I just lost the game.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:37 pm
Clo says...

Whoa... Alice, you just made me realize I didn't cry. I cry at every book that is even slightly sad. I get too wrapped up in every single storyline. That must be a bad sign... or maybe I'm ACTUALLY growing up.

I have a whole rant thing in the Twilight user group. I didn't like Breaking Dawn. I was disappointed. Eclipse would have been a fine ending.

This book was too disturbing, for obvious reasons.
How am I not myself?

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:31 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

I didn't read the book - I just read the spoilers.

And I freaking predicted EVERY SINGLE PLOT TWIST in BD.

Booyah for me.

That being said, I'll probably read it, but I have to borrow it from a friend because I won't spend $25 on something 20,000 people wrote as fanfiction.

Which isn't me saying anything against Stephenie Meyer. She's a fine storyteller. She just was a little too predictable in this last book, and I have a feeling when I read it I STILL won't like Bella or Edward.

Shameless plug:
*coughThe Host is her best novel by farcough*

I'm also slightly (EXCEEDINGLY) annoyed that SM gave my main character's name to a vampire. "Nessie." There is only one Nessie and I created her, dang it.

:D J/k. It's still a little frustrating though. I thought I was being all original.
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:40 pm
Bella says...

Woot! Breaking Dawn!

I loved it, but it made me sad. It was sad to see Edward and Bella go. Kind of like when I finished Harry Potter - I missed him.

Although her half vampire thing was totally my idea, and she totally took it. -.- I have proof too *points at notebook*.

~Bella Bambina~
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:05 am
shesarebel says...

It was good, but it was so awful!

I liked it, but I extremely disappointed. I thought it had potential to be an amazing epic, but as soon as they got married, I realized that it would just be 700 pages of happy ending. The climax was hardly a climax. And worst of all, Bella still lacked a personality.

And yet, as much as I hate it, The Twilight Saga remains in special place on my bookshelf.

But lyrical_sunshine is so right. The Host is light years ahead of Twilight.

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:32 am
Ross says...

For the most part, a friend of mine and myself have been warring off on who Bella will finally stick with. And I'm happy that it has been settled once and for all. (Don't worry, I'm not gonna spoil it. :lol:)

But I did think that Stephenie Meyer went overboard on purple prose describing Bella in certain parts of the book. And some parts were too sudden. Other parts were just plain BORRRRING!

Grade for Breaking Dawn: B-

Sorry, Steph. But be more suspenseful in your writing. Twilight was good and Breaking Dawn was average.
And we'll be a dream...

"Dee Dubbleyou." - BigBadBear

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:22 pm
Periwinkle says...

I think Breaking Dawn was okay. I thought it was too perfect...Bella becomes a vampire, gets Edward, can still be BFFs with Jacob, a baby, her human family, and no one harms her/Cullens. I think there needed to be some sort of action in the book. Not just peaceful chatting.

I think the Volturi or the wolf pack should have attacked or something...something bad should have happened.

Then the pregnancy thing...I didn't like that at all.
Maybe you should kiss someone nice or lick a rock, or both - Regina Spektor

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:50 pm
alleycat13 says...

I liked it, but it's going to be a while before I read it again. There was no climax what so ever. It platued at the birth scene and then was just average from there to the end.

Bella was cool as a vampire, but I think SM tried too hard to make it a happy ending. I, personally, would have found the book so much better if one of the characters had died. I was so prepared for Jacob to die. It would have made the book more intense and more believable if someone had died instead of everyone miraclously living through impossible danger.

Does anyone agree that the end is just a giant speech by Aro? What's up with that? And "Renesme"...give me a break.
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

Got YWS?

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:20 pm
Clo says...

I've decided that Aro is a big stupid head and I don't like him. Er, I mean... he was a bad character.
And Renesmee... the name.... *gag reflex*

But the books aren't literature. They're meant to be read for fun. It was a fun series.
How am I not myself?

Random avatar

Reviews: 125
Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:06 pm
SASSYLADY333 says...

I decided that I liked the book!

I didn't mind the pregnancy until Jacob imprinted on her, it was like a bad fan ficition...I hated it!

I was okay with it....but now that I think about it it possibly ruined the book! I liked all the new characters and everything. And really I thought a lot of people would die, and Jacob and Nessie would run off, and then the next book would be all aboiut her....

I agree that the ending was anti-climatic!

But idk, I sort of liked it, I think if Jacob and Leah had been together. Or at least both of them found some love as well as Embry [Who still doesn't have a daddy] then it would have been better.
"Show us, don't tell us!" They say, but sadly I realize I'm a storyteller. When I cross over and accept maturity, when I want to change then maybe I'll be willing to show people my prose and not tell them. As a writer I have to grow. :)

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:06 pm
KailaMarie says...

i was honestly surprised how much of it included inendos and sex. I was like whoa, what happened to all the virtue and such?

but then the pregnancy was depressing. Edward went like crazy but once he could hear her thoghts he was like "oh, ok, it's all better now."

and jacob! he was supposed to LOVE bella, and then once she gave birth he was like "Yeah, ok, im leaving. Have fun saving her life, Eddie."

I was like rawr.

but i litereally laughed out loud when she attacked at Jacob for calling Renemee Nessie. (side note: I get the sentimentalism of the name, but it's still wierd.)

and then they were happy, and i was like... ok...? there's still a big chunk of the book left. what happens now?

so then the Volturi. And there's a gigantic build up, falsifying documents, and afraid for everyone's life. And then... nothing. they come, talk and then leave. It was kinda stupid, i thought. I mean there should have been at least a little fight. Like maybe after they left Jane would stay behind and attack b/c she was agry at Bella or something. I don't know... it didn't seem realistic.

BUT yay for Bella being an awesome vampire. I thought it was funny how she was like born for it. But does anyone know why she wasn't a normal new born? just curious.

and i loved the ending. When she could make edward hear her thoughts. That would come in handy sometimes, i think.

ok, so that's my whole rant, i think. Unless I'm forgetting something.

-kailamarie
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:33 pm
mirandamaddness says...

The second I finished reading and geeking about how awesome it was I picked up Twilight and started rereading it! :D

It shall not end on my watch!

*checks watch...watch says 'it shall end' :!: ...realizes this is her friends watch...exhales*

At least we will get to see it from Edward's perspective when Midnight Sun comes out! :smt026

~mirandamaddness

P.S. It shall not end!!!!!
*The Self Proclaimed Queen of The Maddness Minions*
GOT YWS? (cause I sure do)
"Everyone has a song that tells about themselves, but I have an entire soundtrack."
~Anonymous

Reviews: 0
Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:04 pm
ldsprincess says...

I personaly hated it.
The sex scenes were un-needed and the "fight" was tottaly half baked and not worth the hype.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:20 pm
Layleun says...

I think we can collectively agree that the pregnancy turned everyone off. I almost stopped reading there XD Then I realized that I needed to finish the book, not want to but NEED.

All I wanted was something bad to happen. Maybe a wolf dying... Oh my god the wolves! I totally forgot about the newbies! Who were they?! *dies* I must know! Gah!!

Anyway, I liked it but it all seemed to fanfictiony. Edward seemed a bit off and everything was too modern; like the innuendos. Blegh. I get enough of those from my friends and now I must get them from the book =P Maybe I'm just not used to knowing so much and now that we know everything it seems un Twilightish. All in all I liked it but hated it at the same time ^.~ I wonder if she'll do a series about Renesme after the Midnight Sun extension...

Interesting!
~Lupe

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
— Mark Twain