z

Young Writers Society

Looking for a good series.....

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:22 pm
Kylie J says...

Well, it's summer, which means I actually have time to curl up with a few good books. Usually, I take my summer to wipe out a series that looks really good but I can't read during the school year because I'm too busy. Last summer, it was the Left Behind (adult) series, which was really great and definitely enough to keep me occupied.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm completely open.
PHS marching band kicks butt!
sequential, lieutenant gay man, dr. beat, nickate, jessie, joshie, and xena
if you understand who these nicknames refer to
i pity you

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:10 pm
Fool says...

Well, it depends what you want to read, eg - fantasy or fiction or horror ect,

Last summer i read the Ryan verse series by Tom Clancy, thats about 12 long books, a sort of thriller fiction, those are good long interesting reads. Another series I enjoyed reading was the Belgarid by David Eddings, or even The Mallorean, also by David Eddings, both good series, about 5 books in each, or you can try reading your way throw Terry Brook's collection of novels.

It depends on what you like to read i guess.
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience

I don't suffer from stress. I am a carrier.

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:29 pm
Nutter says...

I agree with Fool about Belgariad and The Mallorean. I read them, and they are very good books.
Another good series of books which I have read all of up till now are (I don't know if you would like them) The Darren Shan saga. 12 books in total, Horror Vampire style of thing

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:49 pm
Kylie J says...

Thanks. I'm mostly into fantasy/sci-fi, but I like thrillers too, and sometimes religion.
PHS marching band kicks butt!
sequential, lieutenant gay man, dr. beat, nickate, jessie, joshie, and xena
if you understand who these nicknames refer to
i pity you

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:12 am
Areida says...

Mm, you ought to read some of Francine Rivers' books; I think you'd like her. Her Mark of the Lion series is my favourite.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:11 am
niteowl says...

The Sword-Dancer saga by Jennifer Roberson. It's one of my favorite fantasy series I've ever read. Good luck finding it though. They didn't have the 2nd book at my local library, and apparently there are only 2 or 3 copies of the 4th one in my state. I don't know what state you're in, but you better hope they have some sort of Inter-library loan thing set up, because you could definitely need it.

And for some laughs, you could get the Confessions of Georgia Nicholson series. I so have to get the next book. Princess Diaries is also a good series that I need to get the 6th installment of.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:41 pm
Rei says...

The Lost Years of Merlin. There are only five in it, but there are other related books by TA Barron.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:47 pm
Writersdomain says...

I'm going to suggest the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan or the long series which I forgot teh name of by Janny Wurts
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:09 pm
Duskglimmer says...

Any of the series by R.A. Salvatore (The Dark Elf Trilogy, The Icewind Dale Trilogy, The Legacy of the Drow Quartet, The Paths of Darkness Quartet, The Hunter's Blades Trilogy, The Clerical Quintet, etc.) are really excellent. I worked through most of them this past school year and really enjoyed them, though I'm still looking for the The Hunter's Blades Trilogy and The Clerical Quintet, so I can't give my official opinion of them yet.

Reichieru wrote:The Lost Years of Merlin. There are only five in it, but there are other related books by TA Barron.

The Lost Years of Merlin are also very good. My sister and I got them out of the library a couple months back and spent the entire time we had them out stealing them back and forth because we couldn't wait to read them.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:44 am
SilentGargoyle7 says...

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (Rick Riordan) and The Ranger's Apprentice (John Flanagan) are good. Both are only two books into the series though.
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

shady and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws
— Tuckster