z

Young Writers Society

Alex Rider Series by Anthony Horowitz

Random avatar

Reviews: 41
Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:10 am
Scorpia says...

I am a huge fan of the series, my penname even comes from the title of the fifth book! Alex is such an interesting character, I also love the K Unit and have written two stories about them and Alex.

In my opinion, the movie was not all that great. It could of been SO much better but it was rushed. It did have Ewan McGregor in it though, (also known as Obi-Wan) Prrrr. Lol.

Tell me what your favorite book in the series is or if you have read any other teen spy books. I'm always looking for more.

Scorpia

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:52 am
Firestar says...

Oh yeah!!! I love this series. (But I kinda wish that Alex would have died in the fifth.)
Admiration: Our polite recognition of another's resemblance to ourselves.

Dopeler Effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

Confidence: the feeling a person has before he fully understands the situation.

Shin: A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Random avatar

Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:01 am
Scorpia says...

Lol, No! How could you, i was more like, "Don't you DARE kill him Horowitz!" Everyone thought it was the end of the series, lol. I did as well, had to go and look for a sequel. And I found one, Ark Angel was amazing.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:49 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

I thought the movie was okay, but then again I've never read the books, so I had nothing to base it off of. Although the first part of the movie was definitely the best. It got cheesy later on.
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

Reviews: 1
Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:40 am
hellodaydream says...

I actually read the first book to get into the mind of a guy that I liked. He likes books like these. I've only read the first, I was really surprised that I liked it, and I've been meaning to read the rest.

How many books are in the series, anyways?

Random avatar

Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:24 am
Scorpia says...

There are seven books in the series. Stormbreaker, Point Blanc, Skelton Key, Eagle Strike, Scorpia, Ark Angel and Snakehead. There great. Lyrical, you should read the books, SO much better then the movie. They left out so much cool stuff!
Feel the urge to give some constructive criticism? Why not give it to these stories?

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1298113/Scorpia710

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:01 pm
Krupp says...

When I lived in England five years ago I thrived on these books. Haven't seen the movie, but occasionally I will still read one or two of the books.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:06 pm
DragonWriter says...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I loved these books! Anthony horrowits is a pretty good authour! He has written meny good series. I doint relly have a favorite book, that i rember, i read these like a year ago. i loved how he developed the chjracters and everything. HEHE, sorry, I am kinda giddy today!
Twilight rocks!
New Moon rules!
Eclispe kicks butt!
In coclusion, Steaphine Meyer is a rocking, ruling, and kick butt authour!
That is the TRUTH!

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:02 pm
xxfourthelement says...

I definitely agree with Firestar - I wanted Alex to die and be with his parents at the end of Scorpia! When I saw that there was a sequel, I almost hit something. I've read Ark Angel, but not Snakehead. I'm thinking I should. Is it any good, though?
"...I laugh, and laugh, and laugh. Sometimes I can stop laughing before people start edging away and talking about soothing drinks." - Lord Raould of Goldenlake and Malorie's Peak

Free Reviews

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:18 pm
WanaBeAuthor says...

Umm, Snakehead was Ok but I totally forgot what Ark Angel was about, lol, so that could've been what I disliked about it.

Umm, my favourtie 1, 2, and 5.
"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car"
Unknown.

Got YWS?

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:12 pm
alwaysawriter says...

I think I read the first book in sixth grade but I don't remember much about it. It's on my bookshelf somewhere so I'll have to go reread it. I do know that I liked it though.
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:55 am
powerofthree says...

OMG! I loved the series! I really do! It was interesting!
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality."-Jules de Gaultier

"No man or woman who tries to pursue an ideal in his or her own way is without enemies."-Daisy Bates

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:11 pm
Demeter says...

I really hate to admit this, but the only reason I borrowed Stormbreaker from library and actually read it, was because I thought the movie Alex was so cute. (!)

There. Go ahead and ban me for this.

Haha. But I have read all the other books, too, except for Snakehead – it isn't in the library yet, and I'm not going to buy it. I enjoyed reading the books, but I'm still not sure whether I will read Snakehead when it has come out.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:15 pm
HostofHorus says...

This is my favorite series EVER! I love them, they were all amazing and all of you that say they should have killed Alex... I can't believe you, I have to have more of these! My favorite was Eagle Strike (The 4th) but I really loved all of them except for the third.... I can't wait for Crocodile Tears!!!

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:11 am
Haimerej says...

Wait-- there's an eighth coming out?! YES! I love this series, read all seven that are out, even own Snakehead, and can't wait for the eighth. Eight books officially make it better than Harry Potter. All things being equal, 8 > 7. And since Harry Potter and Alex Rider are just about equal....

If food is poetry, is not poetry also food?
— Joyce Carol Oates