Young Writers Society

The Sword-Dancer Saga

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:33 pm
niteowl says...

What can I say about this series except that I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! :mrgreen:

The narrator, Tiger, is one of the greatest sword-dancers in the South. Basically, he is paid to fight and sometimes kill people. He earned freedom from slavery and his name by killing a sandtiger. He is a typical Southroner (minus the fadt that he's a lot taller and a lot paler), treating women as property and drinking lots of aqivi (read the book)

Then Del comes into his life, looking for a guide to help her find her brother. She was raped and her entire family except for her and her brother were killed when she was 15. Five years later, she has become an an-kaidin (read the book) and has sworn an oath of revenge.

Tiger agrees to help her, and together they traverse the deadly Punja(read the book) encountering simooms (read the book) cannibalistic tribes, and one angry tanzeer (READ THE BOOK!)

Okay I've already revealed half the firat book, so I'll just say I liked it. It was pretty easy to visualize everything, yet the author didnt go overboard on description (YAY!) I don't want to rant incoherantly too long, so I'll just say READ IT!
WARNING:CONTENT IS UNSUITABLE FOR CHILDREN UNDER 13. for sex, drugs, violence, the whole lot

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:19 pm
Rydia says...

I've heard of this one. My friend recommended it a few years ago but I wasn't too interested at the time. Maybe I'll add it to my list anyway.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

here is the deepest secret nobody knows (here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a treee called life; which grows higher than the soul can home or mind can hide) and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)
— e.e. cummings