z

Young Writers Society

City of Bones

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Thu May 29, 2008 4:13 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

Has anybody read this? I was looking into it the other night and it looked pretty sweet. I just wanted to know if anyone recommended it.
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:00 pm
Night Mistress says...

it is a really good book. i picked it up since it had an interesting book cover and i just fell right into the story because it was so good. have yo read the second one, City of Ashes?

if you hadn't read it, i would recommend if you are into the fastany type.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:57 pm
HC says...

I read the first one shortly before moving on from my fantasy roots (a girl has to try out new things, right? I will return again some day, o'course!). I loved it! I would most definitely recommend that you read it.

And I shall check out City of Ashes some time, too!

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:07 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Lol. My guilty pleasure. >.< It's kind of casual and dumb at the same time, but Clare's writing style and the crazy humor kept me reading. She's not that great of an action writer, but she builds an interesting universe, and it's just kind of chick flick-y, if you know what I mean.

If you want a light read while waiting for a airplane due in five hours, I'd recommend it. Otherwise, it drags on a bit.
ohmeohmy

241 Reviews

Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:14 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

Haha, great - I'll be facing a four hour plane ride here in two weeks. :D

I will most definitely check it out then. It's on hold for me at our library.
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

241 Reviews

Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:34 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

Yay! Finally got my hands on City of Bones and City of Ashes, and read them both in two days. :D Sumi's right, there not exactly DEEP, but the humor will have you LOLing through the whole book. I should know - I got some interesting looks in the airport.

I also loved how she twined bits of biblical stories in with the characters. Not a lot - just enough to make it really interesting. The ending of City of Ashes, where Clary carves the rune onto the ship, was really cool in my opinion. Also the whole idea of Nephilim and the Marks being similar to the one that Cain had - just awesome.

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:57 pm
Kaylyn says...

I want to read them but I have to save up for them.
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

Reviews: 0
Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:28 am
Venustas says...

Haha, I love these books. Honestly, I don't think that I would be able to stand them if it wasn't for the clever lines, and realistic characters.
I adore Valentine.

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another.
— Lemony Snicket