z

Young Writers Society

The Thirteenth Tale, by Diane Setterfield

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Sun May 25, 2008 2:19 pm
Lauren says...

This user has been banned and her works removed from YWS.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:02 am
Iya Ythmir says...

I'm reading it now. And I must say that it is indeed a great work for humanities. I'm loving Vida Winter. :D And the style of Diane Setterfield's writing seems almost flawless. The words just seem to flow and flow so smoothly.
Always act like a duck on water; appear calm and unruffled, but paddle like the devil underneath.

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:08 am
Reason Invalid says...

Indeed, it's a wonderful book. In fact, it's my favourite book. I couldn't get enough of it, so I read twice in less than two weeks! If you like novels that have more philosophical point of view, this is definitely a good book. The description and narration are indeed very poetic.
It is only when dissonance plays one will find pleasure in consonance.
topic34094.html <-- Free Reviews

Reviews: 1
Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:27 pm
Ianthe says...

I've honestly never heard of this book, but from the summary, it sounds like something I'd be into. This is a mystery book, correct?

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:17 pm
Lauren says...

Yeah, conventinoally a mystery book, but it's all about the human nature and the affects of choices made earlier on. It's... brilliant!

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:32 pm
Fand says...

Oh, I love this book! It's wonderfully written. I haven't read it in a while; once I'm done with my current crop of, um, about seven books, I'll have to dig it out again. ^^
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

You know how hard it is to feel like an extreme falcon-headed combat machine when somebody calls you "chicken man"?
— Rick Riordan, The Red Pyramid