z

Young Writers Society

Murder On The Orient Express

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sun May 25, 2008 4:16 am
chocoholic says...

I just finished it. I decided to read some Agatha Christie after seeing a sow about her, and got a book with three of her books (Murder on the Orient Express, Death in the Clouds and Why Didn't they ask Evans).

I really liked it, although I didn't see it coming. I'd really like to find a few big volumes with all of her books in them, because she seems like a talented writer.

Onto the book, it was really interesting. I didn't see the end coming, but I've ever been good at those types of things anyway. I liked how short it was, but it seemed quite long.

Overall, very good read, excited about reading more Christie things.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Sun May 25, 2008 11:01 am
Alainna says...

I really loved MOTOE - her twists and turns are so well planned and unexpected.

If you liked this, Choco, you might like 'The Hollow'. It's my favourite Christie book.

Alainna
xxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Sun May 25, 2008 11:32 am
Esmé says...

I pick up Agatha Christie only when I am particularly desperate. My mother loves her, so there are quite a lot of her books lying around in the house.

It's not that I don't like her way of writing, style, or just generally the writing itself. In fact, I do, and very much, but I just can't stand criminal. Woe. Why couldn't she write in any other genre? Why?

But "Orient Express" was quite good as criminals go.

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sun May 25, 2008 8:30 pm
chocoholic says...

I'm hoping to read all of her books, because I really liked MOTOE.

Esme, she wrte six romance novels you know? Under a different name that I can't remember right now, but she wrote them.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Mon May 26, 2008 6:04 pm
Esmé says...

No, actually I didn't :)

It's criminals that I don't like - romances are okay, in my book. So I'll probably have to get my hands on them in the nearest future, yes?

Cheers,
Esme

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:55 am
Firestar says...

I really liked "And Then There Were None", but my older sister hates it.
Admiration: Our polite recognition of another's resemblance to ourselves.

Dopeler Effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

Confidence: the feeling a person has before he fully understands the situation.

Shin: A device for finding furniture in the dark.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:56 pm
alicat159 says...

I had to read Murder on the Orient Express for 8th grade english last year and felt kind of neutral about it. Only because my teacher made us learn, like, 40 french expressions before reading it. But i did like the end. I actually thought it would be Countess Andrenyi only because she seemed so... innocent. If you know what I mean.

:smt051
alicat
~ "I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it." -- Duck Soup
~ "Was she in there before you baked it?" (Gomez refers to the girl popping out of the cake at a bachelor party) -- Addams Family Values

Always do what you are afraid to do.
— E. Lockhart, We Were Liars