z

Young Writers Society

Death at Death's Door

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:40 pm
WinterGrimm says...

A graphic novel with art and story by Jill Thompson. Its the mythic story that asks what would happen if Lucifer decided to give up the power of hell and all of the souls that were in hell crash at Death's place. There is another plot that follows her (Death's) younger brother Dream or Morpheus and his delema of having the key to hell in his posession and debating on what to do with it. In the mean time many other supernatural entities vie for control of hell including the demon Azazel, Egyptian god Anubus, and father of the Aesir, Odin. This story, a spin off of Neil Gaiman's Sandman is a blast to read and has alot of great dark humor. For Sandman fans its a must, as well as anime and manga fans because Jill's style is very remeniscent of a Japanese manga. It says vol. 1 on the cover but I'm unsure as to whether more have been released or if there even is anymore to release. Since I read this I'm probably going to go and pick up all 10 volumes of Sandman.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1563899388/002-5266141-7196002?v=glance
That love is suffering is easy to see, for before the love becomes equally balanced on both sides there is no torment greater, since the lover is always in fear that his love may not gain its desire and that he is wasting his efforts.
Andreas Cappelanus, The Art of Courtly Love

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:55 am
Chevy says...

Sounds interesting. But what age group would you suggest this to?

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:04 am
Sam says...

it does sound cool! :D I like neil gaiman too so I'll go pick that up
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:43 am
WinterGrimm says...

CarsandGuitars77 wrote:Sounds interesting. But what age group would you suggest this to?

I guess its slighly on the mature side. Maybe like 13 and up.
That love is suffering is easy to see, for before the love becomes equally balanced on both sides there is no torment greater, since the lover is always in fear that his love may not gain its desire and that he is wasting his efforts.
Andreas Cappelanus, The Art of Courtly Love

Stupidity's the deliberate cultivation of ignorance.
— William Gaddis