z

Young Writers Society

Marley and Me

Reviews: 2
Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:59 am
sXe_Jinxeh says...

If you have ever owned a dog, wanted a dog, or have ever known anybody who has owned a dog, this book is for you.

A true story, I found myself laughing, crying, and having to lie to people and say I had just received a text message with a phone on vibrating to explain my sudden bursts of noise. The book is about a man and his wife who decide to purchase dogs, not realizing exactly what they are getting themselves into.

Being the owner myself of two dogs, one large, dumb Labrador retriever who seems to believe anybody outside of a close knit group of six humans are food, and a little, yappy Cocker Spaniel Shitzu, who is as dumb--if not dumber--then my lab. Throughout the book, I had to laugh at the things the dog did, as they were very much reminiscent of my own dogs.

The only thing I have to complain about is that the ending did make me break my year and a half streak of not showing any emotion. If you do read this book, I suggest having Kleenex with you, and DO NOT read in public.

Spend your days thinking about things that are good and true and beautiful and noble, and you will become good and true and beautiful and noble.
— Matthew Kelly