z

Young Writers Society

Trickster's Choice/Trickster's Queen

441 Reviews

Reviews: 441
Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:09 am
Gwenevire says...

I just bought the book Trickster's Queen and I didn't notice the little note under the title that says Sequel to Trickster's Choice
I only noticed it when I got home! Gr...
Has anyone read the first book? And if yes, would you write me up a small summary of the first book please! It would really be helpful!

Thanks,
Genevieve

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:26 am
Sleeping Valor says...

Trickster's choice was good. I loved all of Tamora's Tortall books (I have a shelf just for them ^_^). Hmm...but let me see if I can remember the plot.

Hope I don't get al confused.

Aly is captured and taken as a slave, then ends up being sold to a a family in *insert name of place*. The family she works for has two daughters, one of whom is expected to bring an end to the cruel rein on her people. Aly ends up (as all the girls in Tortall do) running into the Trickster God, who wants her to help him save his people. What actually happens, I forget. But there's drama, romance, a cool fight scene (over the ladies, some jerk face didn't want to take no for an answer), power stuggle, awesome crow-men who you wished would just kiss the girl *hugs Nawat* and the rest of the awesomeness I expect of Tamora.

Sorry if that sucked, but the book was great. I hope you didn't go and read the second one, but even if you did (I started with the second in the Alanna series =P) the first is definitely worth reading. Heck, I may go and re-read it now.

^_^ Keek!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

441 Reviews

Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:37 am
Gwenevire says...

But you have read Tricksters Queen right? Well do you think if I read it now before reading the first one will it make any sense?
Ah what the heck I will do it then read the first one then read the second one again!
Thank you so much =]

Cheers,
Genevieve

220 Reviews

Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:44 am
Sleeping Valor says...

Tamora's very good at making sense. I didn't even realize I'd read the second book until I had finished it. She tends to do a quick review, so you should be fine. Still, there's only two books in the series so it's slightly anti-climatic since the plots are more linked than in her other series. I think. *can't remember Trickster's Queen suddenly* o_O I will go re-read too.
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:46 am
PenguinAttack says...

I think you'll be completely fine with reading one without having read the other, Gwen. I can't even remember them being hugely connected, not in your typical sequal manner. They're good books, though, you should enjoy them.

*Hearts* Le Penguin.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

441 Reviews

Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:06 am
Gwenevire says...

Thanks you two!
Well I am off to read!
*jumps around happily* yay!

-Gwen

522 Reviews

Reviews: 522
Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:29 am
canislupis says...

Erm.... yes they were. One of the main characters dies in the end, and there is a romance between two people that would be realyl hard to understand if you hadn't read the first one. Can you check the first one out from a library? Even if not, I guess you would probably be ok reading the second one, but it might get confusing.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:04 am
Stockmar says...

I was very disappointed when it WASN'T a trilogy. The same author did a few other series, but I could never get into them as much as Trickster's Choice/Trickster's Queen.

Nawat = Want to marry :D

220 Reviews

Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:07 am
Sleeping Valor says...

Is he not awesome???!!!

I think I liked him a litte better when he was still crow-like. =P He was cute.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:19 am
Stockmar says...

YES! I like the part in the second book where he's all "Do not worry, I have a magical necklace that if you wear it you wont have babies" I have to go read those books again now lol xD

220 Reviews

Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:24 am
Sleeping Valor says...

I just did. :D I actually liked all of her Tortall books, thought in hindsight, the Protector of the Small and the Trickster's ones are best. That or I've just read the other two so many times I am bored with them. =P

Nawat! XD

By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return.
— Genesis 3:19