z

Young Writers Society

Alex Rider: Point Blank

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:51 am
ninja-Z says...

This book is the sequel to Alex Rider: Stormbreaker. The series now has seven books in it.
Anyway, the book follows the story of Alex Rider, fourteen-year-old spy for MI6. When two rich business head die mysteriously in 'accidents', MI6 believes that this is more than just a coincidence and looks into it. They discover that both these men had sent their sons to the same school. Since Alex is the right age to enter, MI6 puts him on the case.
Now Alex must dodge crazy teens with shotguns, almost get run over by a train, snowboard down a mountain with an ironing board, and risk being dissected alive by a mad scientist to ultimately save the world.
This book is better than you expect, definitely four star (out of five). I strongly suggest looking into this book or Stormbreaker. I will be writing reviews on more Alex Rider books. thanks for reading :)

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:07 pm
Aedomir says...

I've read the first 5, and half of 6. I feel I have grown out of them now, but ye, Horowitz (?) is a brilliant children's writer. He's really good and I love the Alex Rider series.
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:09 pm
Firestar says...

I love the Alex Rider series! All the cool gadgets make me want to invent something like them.

SPOILER WARNING!!! (I was a bit disappointed that Alex didn't die in the fifth book though.)
Admiration: Our polite recognition of another's resemblance to ourselves.

Dopeler Effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

Confidence: the feeling a person has before he fully understands the situation.

Shin: A device for finding furniture in the dark.

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:36 pm
Aedomir says...

You cynic, ha!
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:36 am
DragonWriter says...

This serise is the bomb. Well almost. But honestly, it has too meny twists in it. i mean you need to take series notes the first time reading if you do not want to be confused. I mean the big scandal over his parents. it is just so confusing.
Twilight rocks!
New Moon rules!
Eclispe kicks butt!
In coclusion, Steaphine Meyer is a rocking, ruling, and kick butt authour!
That is the TRUTH!

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:50 am
black star of darkness says...

Yeah I agree you have no idea over anything regarding his parents etc.
And Horowitz wants a too-nice ending for Alex so the story involves more and more dramatic escapes, dim-witted villians etc.

However, they were the first books I read that I 'couldn't put down'
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:24 pm
roboninja says...

my favourite book of the series by far. it's fun and completely far fetched and unrealistic in an adorabel little way. sweet and packed with action.
Are you thinking what I'm thinking? no, I'm thinking what I'm thinking

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:33 am
HostofHorus says...

I love these books so much! Like seriously, they were the books that first got me wanting to read! They were sooooo good, and I'm really bummed, because (although I haven't looked into it) I believe the last book, Crocodile tears, was the last one in the series which really sucks, because they were awesome! Sigh...
HostofHorus Author, Poet, Dreamer, and Expressionist.
http://JRSStories.com
Stories Poems © As of January 1st 2014

Need a review? Feel free to ask me! :)

I exist as I am, that is enough
— Walt Whitman