z

Young Writers Society

All American Girl by Meg Cabot

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:20 pm
Chevy says...

For the first book I've ever read by Meg Cabot--I was truly impressed and will be reading her others.
The story tells of Sam Madison, who's not really anybody unlike her older sister who's perfect and how she's in love with her sister's boyfriend. Sam is also an artist and one day her sister discovers some drawings she's done of celebrities and then shows them to their parents. So, in result to that, Sam's forced to attend an art class where she's forced to draw what she "Sees" and not what she "Knows." During the class time, Sam meets David.
Well, the nextweek after an embarassment in the art class, Sam decides that she won't go to class one day and ends up saving the president's life...which leads her into becoming the teen ambassador of the UN.
I will not give the story away for it is definitely worth reading...please read this book...definitely will leave you happy and keep you laughing!
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:18 pm
nickelpickle says...

I also read this book and I really, really liked it. As a word of advice, her other books were also really good, so do read them:) It was a bit juvenile but i held mmy interest and I got through it really quickly

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:56 pm
Meshugenah says...

i read this one as well. It was prety good. Not my favorite type of lit, but i read it, and that says loads. :D
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:20 pm
marching_gurl89 says...

.ive read her books 2.i like the princess diaries the best.im also starting the 1-800-where-r-you seris

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:50 pm
Sam says...

Yes, I read and enjoyed that book too...and the Princess Diaries are awesome, even though they aren't anything like the movies. *sigh*

Reviews: 2
Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:58 am
asyouwish says...

Yeah, the Princess Diaries books and movies rock in completely different ways, lol. And All American Girl is my all-time favorite book! I'm so in love with David :D He's just... 8)

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:02 am
nanc21 says...

an excelent book for all ages. i suggest if you like this nook to read all of meg cabbots stuff, it rocks hard core.
-nanc-

--If you are upset and needing to vent your frustration, pour it out on paper and throw it away.

--I put it down on paper and then the ghost dosen't ache so much.

--I want you to consider the fact that nothing is ever wrong.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:17 am
Areida says...

I liked it. I mean, it wasn't exactly enlightening literature or anything, lol, but it's a cute, funny book. I like the Princess Diaries books too.. they're good in a different way from the movies. But yeah, she's a pretty good writer.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:32 pm
Supermal says...

I have not read it, but my friend did. She told me what it was all about, and I read the first page or so. Ever since I have wanted to read it. Maybe I'll actually get around to doing so one of these days... Lol
~Michelle~
Who needs friends when you've just bought a brand new pen?

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:20 am
Willow says...

I'm gonna borrow All American Girl on Wednesday from my firend (money probs). I read the first two chapters in class and have been dying to read the rest. I just finished reading Teen Idol also from Meg Cabot, but I don't think it's as funny and cool as All American Girl.
Meg Cabot is a great Teen writer.
My life is a broken stair
Winding down a ruined tower
and leading no where

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:44 pm
Rei says...

I just thought the story was stupid. It was poorly written, and I could not force myself to finish it.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:15 pm
Kylie J says...

I thought All American Girl was really good, but when I tried to read The Princess Diaries, I couldn't get past the first couple pages. I felt like that series really insulted my intelligence!
PHS marching band kicks butt!
sequential, lieutenant gay man, dr. beat, nickate, jessie, joshie, and xena
if you understand who these nicknames refer to
i pity you

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:14 am
the_red_gem says...

I haven't read All American Girl yet but i recommend Princess Diaries, The Guy Next Door, The Mediator and Victoria+The Rogue
If you havent read any of them yet(girls) you have to. I thougt they would be the crappest books in the history of time and that i should read it so i can laugh out loud but it was really good and started the chick flick section of my bookshelf.

Seriously read them

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:15 am
the_red_gem says...

Oh and congratulations Supermal on your 50th post.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:58 pm
Night Mistress says...

I thought the book was pretty good. If you like this book, you should check out her Mediator book series as well. Those are awesome.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

Beware of advice—even this.
— Carl Sandburg