z

Young Writers Society

Wolf Brother, Spirit Walker, Soul Eater.

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:32 pm
Wolf says...

I first read Wolf Brother a couple years back, and oddly enough, my dad had to force me to buy it.
You see, I read up to the first page and a half, and it says: '...he could see his guts glistening in the firelight.' And for some reason, that made me not want to get the book. But 'ole dad persisted, and I bought it.
After I finished reading, I was like, WOW. Michelle Paver has an amazing talent for writing and I couldn't wait to read the next book.
So yeah, now I've read all three books several times, and I love them. Michelle Paver uses lots of description but her writing isn't purple--I wish my writing was like that. Her characters are soo well-developed and the idea is completely original. I mean, I love her books.

Just recently, the fourth in the Chronicles of Ancient Darkness came out. Has anyone bought it yet? I haven't, and it's going on my Christmas list for sure.
(It's Called 'Outcast'.)

If anyone's interested, here are the links to Michelle Paver's sites:
http://www.torak.info/
http://www.michellepaver.com/

To anyone who hasn't read these books, I strongly recommend them. :)
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

441 Reviews

Reviews: 441
Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:48 pm
Gwenevire says...

Sounds INTERESTING.
Would you mind lending them to me some time?
Oh yah... I would like if you could return my Nausicaa and Princes Mononoki books please.
:D

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:50 pm
Wolf says...

Oh yeah...I'll give those back to you ning.
Sure, I'd be more than happy to lend them to you. I can only give you the first two though, since I'm studying the third because I want to see how she writes just so amazingly. Like pick up tips etc.
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

441 Reviews

Reviews: 441
Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:52 pm
View Likes
Gwenevire says...

Next time we see each-other we can do that!
Is the writing really good? I might consider studying them myself. To add a little more to my writing knowledge.
I can't wait! :D

522 Reviews

Reviews: 522
Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:01 pm
canislupis says...

YES! I read them... There are three of them now... I think. They are really really dark, and very bloody, especially the first one. But overall, I liked them.

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:23 pm
JFW1415 says...

I loved the first one, but I read it some time ago. Then I heard about the second one, and I realized I forgot nearly everything that had happened in the story, yet I couldn't get myself to re-read the first. I didn't even know there was a third, and now there's a fourth? *Sighs* I really need to catch up on my reading. I'm only doing about half an hour a day, mainly in school, because I've been so into YWS lately.

Oh, well. I have phases. In a week or so I'll disappear from this site and read non-stop, then magically reappear a few weeks after that. :P

~JFW1415

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:15 am
Renn says...

OH MY GOD the Chronicles of Ancient Darkness are my favorite favorite favorite books! You guys have read them all now haven't you? :)
'Evil exists in all of us Torak. Some fight it. Some feed it. That is how it has always been.'

"There is always a choice," said Torak, and he backed off the cliff.

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:04 am
Shadowhunter14 says...

I've read 3 or 4! I liked them quite a lot! Very dark, interesting premise, overall very intriguing. Unique setting as well :D

It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them.
— Mark Twain